“Awesome Hostel”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oakridge
Oakridge Lodge & Guest House
Ranked #1 of 2 Oakridge B&B and Inns
Eugene, Oregon
“Awesome Hostel”
Reviewed February 8, 2011

This hostel was incredibly nice, we brought a large group down from Willamette Pass and after a day of skiing we were able to settle in to clean rooms and hot showers. The hosts were extremely gracious and accommodating, and the breakfast was incredible. It is also right down the street from the Brewers Union and our whole group had an incredible time. We are doing the same trip next year.

• Stayed January 2011
10 Thank nsc425

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Springfield, Oregon
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Though there was blinding snow 2-3 miles South of Dexter (coming from Eugene), I was too far toward Oakridge to turn around. Boy, am I glad I didn't! Never have I seen such a WONDERFUL hostel, & I've traveled to ALL continents except South America & Africa, staying in hostels on ALL the other continents!!!

The hostel was like a MANSION, almost. TASTEFULLY decorated, yet I felt SO at home. A lodge to beat all lodges, along with a Manx/Russian Blue cat, aptely named, "Babette". I got to practice sign language with her, as she, like I, am hard of hearing. Great adventure for us both!

At any rate, the host(s) were GREAT!!! Well versed in how to run a hostel magnifico, garnered from their MANY travels. They DEFINITELY know what hostelers like & don't like! A cozy 1st floor fireplace with a piano, great (intellectual conversation), books galore, along with other reading material & board games! Take your shoes off at the door-great idea, so make SURE to bring your slippers!

Besides the cozy living room, there's a small refrigerator to keep perishable goods in, 6 (YES COUNT THEM), 6 bathrooms, 5 WITH SHOWERS!!! Capacity for 28. NO alcoholic drinkers, smokers or drug users need reserve. Hosts are VERY good that way, so you can be away from addicts & feel VERY safe! The dining room is HUMONGOUS! Tea ('Good Earh' amon them) & coffee (no less from 'Wandering Goat' are available). Breakfasts are TWO meals in ONE: carrot/apple juice, all the tea & coffee/water you can drink. I had a full bowl of homemade granola (Linda makes it)-delicioso! Milk for the cereal, a whole banana/whole pear & whole orange for the 2nd course. For the 3rd course it was TWO big pieces of HOMEMADE french toast-heaven! Butter & syrup available. I, literally, could NOT eat it all, but I did my best!!! Gary, you're a great cook, no matter what you say. Breakfast varies, so who knows what you'll be in for when you go!

The beds were SO comfortable & warm (with cozy quilts), & I have a bad back! Leisure room upstairs with board games, books & magazines, too! WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR! A GREAT pub is down the street, with food & music (when the musicians can get through!) There's also a great bakery down the street, too, which I was TOO stuffed to handle. Other local restaurants, pizza places, with a Ray's food store nearby, no less. GREAT walking environment. I CAN'T RAVE ON ENOUGH!!! My only regret in posting this review is that TOO MANY people will want to come & stay. I hope there'll still be room for me when I, DEFINITELY, return, albeit AFTER the snow season. Great for winter sports people, though, but after growing up in WI, I've had about enough snow to last me a lifetime! Again, KUDOS, Gary & Linda. What a place!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
7 Thank Allesandra97

Been to Oakridge Lodge & Guest House? Share your experiences!