“Friendly, clean, comfortable and you'll never get better breakfast!”

Oakridge Lodge & Guest House
Ranked #1 of 2 Oakridge B&B and Inns
Corvallis, Oregon
“Friendly, clean, comfortable and you'll never get better breakfast!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Gary and Lynda are amazing hosts, they kindly gave us breakfast at 5:30AM! we were in town to work for a research project and needed to leave at 6AM every day. Beautifully decorated, extremely clean, spacious common areas, they also have a place to repair and store bikes! much better than expected. I really didn't miss anything there, in fact, I will miss their delicious breakfast!! will definitely go back for work and/or vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Francisca_Belart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights with a couple of friends on a mountain biking holiday. The accommodation and facilities are superb, the breakfast is tasty and inventive. Stay here, eat at the pub and bakery along the street.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank rodjcbey
Renton, Washington
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Four of us planned to ride the trails around Oakridge for a couple days, but between the lodge, weather, and trials, we decided to stay a bit longer. Our hosts and accommodations were the best! A couple evenings were spent in the living room playing cards and dice; one night, Gary started a fire for us Locked bike storage, a wonderful patio, and an open common area were bonuses. Lynda's breakfast was always excellent and a great way to start the day. The entire lodge was clean and organized. My only minor complaint was the mattress I had in the hostel room was a bit firm. All in all, a great place to stay in a great location, at a great price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank BlurLTc
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

A friend and I were on a bike trip in central Oregon and stayed at Oakridge Lodge for one night. Covered, locked bike storage with tools, pump, etc available for guest use. Beds were comfortable, bathrooms excellent. Really nice common areas. And the breakfast - !!! We were apologetic because we told Gary we were leaving too early for his breakfast. He would not let us leave without breakfast, he got up extra early and prepared a fantastic, healthy, delicious, large breakfast (and good coffee) for us. He even went back in the kitchen, and made us a fruit smoothie because he decided we needed extra energy for the long day ahead of us.

Also, the lodge is a short walk to the town brewpub for a meal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joan82111
Halfmoon Bay, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Other reviews sum up my happiness with our stay at the lodge. What I would also like to point out is that we could ride right to the trails with out needing to bother with the vehicles. This to me is a real plus and makes the rides that much more enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Trevor P
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

18 cyclists arrived as one big group and our hostel hosts spent the next four days making us feel right at home. The beds were comfy, the supplied breakfasts were wonderful and for a few extra dollars we were even treated to a fabulous pasta dinner complete with wine, candles and even cloth napkins. The outdoor patio area was great for unwinding with friends after the ride and they even set up a bike wash station and supplied bike locks for us! Over the top hospitality.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Steadicam11
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 31, 2013

When I got back from my trip, my wife asked me if breakfast was up to Portland standards. Oh yes, I said, and then some.

On a bike tour in central Oregon, one does not find fresh, healthy, and delicious food outside of a few spots like Bend and Sisters. Even there, it's not Portland. But the usual fare on my trip was greasy diner or bar food: fries and biscuits and gravy bacon and burgers, etc. When you're touring on a bike, everything tastes good, but after awhile on that diet you just start to crave fresh healthy foods. Here, breakfast started with rich coffee, beautiful organic fruits garnished with mint, fresh carrot-orange juice, and homemade granola toasted to perfection. I could actually write a review about the granola alone: best granola I've ever had. Another course was served, this time canadian bacon, thinly sliced, with two slices of french toast, garnished with berries and lightly powdered with sugar. Everything fresh and organic. The french toast was light and delicious, but I was full and couldn't quite polish it off. Mmmm..., my mouth is watering as I reminisce. How I wish I had packed that second slice away for later!

I had read in a cycling guide that this was a hostel with super cheap beds, and that's not quite right. The kitchen is private, not public, and the vibe is more upscale B&B than hostel. There are some lovely private rooms as well as rooms with multiple beds -- one room for women and one for men. I opted for the bunks and payed $46 including breakfast. Lucky me, I was the sole guest that night so I still had a private room, except on the cheap! But I think other guests would not have been a problem: Gary and Lynda enforce a strict 10 pm quiet time. As it was, the place was silent and I blacked out from the time my head hit the pillow until my alarm went off in the morning.

Lynda and Gary are cyclists and they know exactly the kind of accommodations cyclists need. As other reviewers have noted, the B&B has a hot tub, a shed for bikes with bike tools, and a laundry sink and drying rack. It is a short walk from the brew pub, which I also recommend. Perfect setup for the cyclotourist like myself or the mountain biker.

I wanted to write this review about the breakfast but the real reason to stay at the Oakridge Lodge and Guesthouse is the warmth and good nature of the hosts, Gary and Lynda, who made cheerful conversation, gave me knowledgeable advice, and even put up with my piano playing. They're good people.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Troy C

Been to Oakridge Lodge & Guest House? Share your experiences!