“Fine dining quality food in a casual atmosphere”
Review of Cafe mediterranean

Cafe mediterranean
Ranked #5 of 55 Restaurants in North Bend
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
McKinleyville, California
“Fine dining quality food in a casual atmosphere”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Chef Sami Abboud will take care of you from the moment you enter his place--he greets every customer, oversees the preparation of great food, and won't charge you an arm and a leg for the great privilege of eating here. In a vacation destination strangely low in dining options, Café Mediterranean is a breath of fresh air.

My wife and I had dinner here one night, then ate a second dinner here before leaving the next day. It was that good! The Lebanese-focused cuisine is full of flavor. For our first meal I ordered the Lamb Kofte Kabob with roasted tomatoes, my wife had the Lamb Sausage Pita special, and we shared bites in between mmmm's of pleasure. The second meal we tried the Chicken Shawerma and Spanakopita. Rice and baklava were perfect and succulent. My mouth danced with pleasure both meals. O Sami, I am already craving your shawerma... whatever will I do?!

The cheaper décor and casual atmosphere might prevent one from planning a romantic anniversary dinner here, but I happily recommend this for anyone who appreciates good food and especially to the connoisseur of foreign cuisine. I would call ahead for groups larger than 4 people. Sami also has a small portion of the place reserved for selling Middle Eastern spices and treats, which is just another reason we'll be back.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Scott B

Boardman, Ohio
“Consistently Great Food and Service”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Ate here during our last stay in Coos Bay. We had a great meal with equally great service. Well-seasoned, great portions and fair pricing make this restaurant a success.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank NoelsCat
Coos Bay, Oregon
“We will be back”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Nice little find in the Bay area. I had the chicken Shuwerma ( not sure of spelling) my friend had the lamb gyro. Both were full of flavor and so good. The staff was really friendly and helped with my menu choices and questions. We will definitely be back.

Lindenhurst, Illinois
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stopped in for lunch on the way up the Oregon coast. The food was amazing, and the staff was very helpful & friendly. Everything was very fresh and tasted so wonderful, that we ordered a bit extra to snack on as we traveled. We hadn't had much exposure to some of the items on the menu, so the wonderful woman helping us took the time to answer our questions & give us helpful info on the various dishes & popular items on the menu. If you are in the area, this is definitely worth checking out.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Jccizows
West Linn, Oregon
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Was in Coos Bay area this week. Gluten Free vegan. Concerned that my options would be very limited. Had been told of this place and man was I grateful. Service was great, food was wonderful. Dalmas (sp?) to due for. I will go back. Definitely one of the better restaurants in the area and certainly great for those veggie and vegan out there

• Visited April 2014