“Save your money and skip this restuarant!”
Review of Hilltop House

Hilltop House
Ranked #5 of 54 Restaurants in North Bend
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Coos Bay, Oregon
“Save your money and skip this restuarant!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have lived here 35 years and the decor has not changed! Just recently visited and was not impressed. Service sucked, waaaaaaay overpriced for what you get. The prime rib had a huge blob of fat on it so the cook was too lazy to trip the fat. Only six vegtables! 2 pieces of carrot, 2 pieces of bean and 2 pieces of squash! Seriously! The bourbon sauce was old and the garlic mashed potatoes were powdered! Drinks were awful and the cake was old and dry. My bill was $70.00....not worth, please don't go!

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank Roxane D

Coos Bay, Oregon
“Great Food & Atmosphere....OK Service However!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is one of my all time favorite restaurants. The food is always excellent, from steaks to fish to the great onion rings. The decor is dated, but that adds to the atmosphere for me (I LIKE IT) .
The service is usually very good. Up until this time I have always had better than excellent service.
This waitress was not very warm and sincere. This waitress did not offer us the usual bread dish, which is excellent. She did bring us this after we asked for it.

After we were finished with dinner, she never thanked us for visiting them, and basically ignored us as we left.

This is possibly not "bad" service, but far below the service we always receive there.

I felt there was no appreciation for our business, no personality, she did not make us feel special, and no encouragement to ever go there again.

We will got there again, but if this same person is our server, I will leave .

PS... Worst of all, this waitress is one of the owners of the restaurant!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Richard E
North Bend, Oregon
“Slow service for the money.”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was charged $175 for my meal, and the weight staff TOLD me that I owed her a $25 tip. I feel like I was robbed and the food was not the best that I have ever tasted. I would like to inform people that going here was the worst experience that I have ever had when it comes to a restaurant.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Leo A
Coquille, Oregon
“Never Again!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Overpriced, lukewarm and mediocre food. This place rests on its location and reputation. The decor in the dining room is motel-like and while the view is spectacular, the rest of the experience doesn't measure up.

2 Thank dandysandy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place other than service!!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The food rocked my mouth like a 1980's party, but the service was gross. The waitress, Daisy I think was her name, was horrible

1 Thank Jasongratigo