“Best Chinese Food in the Coos Bay North Bend Area”
Review of Tai's Dynasty

Tai's Dynasty
Ranked #22 of 57 Restaurants in North Bend
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Very good Chinese food. Perhaps the best we've had on the southern Oregon coast. Does it rate up there with restaurants in the SFO Bay Area? No. But it's far better than most I've been to. The portions are HUGE. My wife and I ordered from the senior menu - and we were stuffed. The folks next to us ordered the regular / full plates and left with enough to feed a family of six. The BBQ pork slices are generous and lean. The Mar Far chicken is lightly breaded. Their almond subgum chow mein is very good. I like the fact that they leave squeeze bottles of hot mustard and sweet 'n sour sauce on the table. The service was just 'okay'. Our waitress could have been a little nicer. The restaurant is on a busy street - just down the street from the 'mall'. There's ample parking.

Food Quality: 4 stars
Food Quantity: 5 stars
Service: 2 stars
Cleanliness: 3 stars
Atmosphere: 2 stars

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

The food here is pretty good and it is a clean restaurant.No matter how busy or slow they are the service sucks. Went there last week to see if new owners improved the service and was very disappointed in what I saw. Our waitress disappeared for over 30 minutes while we waited for our bill and boxes . I went to counter and a few waitresses were behind the counter texting on their phones and having sodas instead of taking care of their customers. The owner was right behind the counter letting it happen !! We will not be back .

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Tonight I had dinner there, again, as I have had many times over the years. I ordered the deep fried shrimp, Mar far chicken, pork fried rice and the Almond chicken subgum chow mein. I carried home enough for a second meal. But what really amazes me is that the food is served hot (steaming) and even when I was down towards the bottom of the food that food was still hot. I did not eat fast as I was reading as I ate. The food is fresh and very tasty. Serving American food has nothing to do with their outstanding Chinese food. I think it is great they can balance so many different items they have on the menu and please many people.

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Just went here for dinner. Food was great, clean restaurant. Food served hot and fresh. Service was great. Staff friendly. Prices were really good. Enjoyed our meal. Will return for sure next time in town.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We just had lunch at Tai’s Dynasty. Overall the experience was a 3/5, but they do have the potential to get to a true 4/5.

Service was slow. Waited several minutes to get seated and even longer for a waitress to show up. I was actually able to read the local shopper newspaper in the time it took for our order to be taken. The

Waitress was all business, which is fine, but she could have at least stopped by between bring us our meals and giving us our check (not once did she ask if everything was o.k. or offer refills)

Our group was mixed on the food. However, we all agreed that the wonton soup was the highlight – a huge portion enough for 4 people with shrimp, chicken, sliced pork, veggies and of course – wontons and it was delicious. I am told the other soups were good too. We also agreed that the portions were huge (you will likely be taking some home)

However, the teriyaki chicken was barely edible. The sauce wasn’t a traditional teriyaki but rather the chicken was drowned in a watered down, and very salty soy sauce based liquid. Not good at all.

On the other hand, the curry shrimp was very good. The veggies were fresh and crisp and the chef managed to coax some very subtle flavors in this dish. Solid value for $10.

What left a bad taste in all of our mouths, literally, were the very stale fortune cookies. Not a great way to end the meal. And oh, the waitress never did bother to pick-up our check and payment, someone else had to ring us up.

If you are looking for large portions, decent prices then you could do worse (but if you get our waitress you might have to wait for it).

The place has potential but I still need to give it a 3