“Nice dinner”

The Liberty Pub
Ranked #11 of 54 Restaurants in North Bend
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Continuing the tradition in a building built before 1910 that once held one of North Bend’s earliest saloons, our intent is to provide our guests with a true neighborhood pub – a relaxed and comfortable environment in which to enjoy some great food and drink.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Nice dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

We were here on a Wednesday and there were only a few tables occupied. We like to sit on the family side because the new owners have really made that side nice, and it's quiet. But they have totally redone the place since it was Roger's Zoo and it's a very nice place to have dinner. The food and beer are great, and the owners are so nice!

We now have the Liberty Pub, Empire Cafe and 7 Devil's Brewery to go to for dinner. Things are looking up in this area and we hope all three fine establishments stay open for a long time!

• Visited October 2013
12 Thank Scarlette O

San Francisco, California
“Our 'go-to place' in North Bend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is by far our favorite place to meet friends for a drink. Ethan and Karen have done an exceptional job transitioning the old Roger's Zoo to a polished and comfortable place to meet friends and listen to good music. Ethan has a comprehensive knowledge regarding beer and offers rotating taps of exclusive top brew. Our favorite place to enjoy in North Bend with our friends.

• Visited November 2013
16 Thank Artist26
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Fantastic pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We came in here when this place first opened and were frankly disappointed. The cheeseburger was not very good, and neither was the salad or wings. But then we realized we were comparing it to the food at Roger's Zoo, which it replaced. Anyway, we stayed away for about six months because of this.
Tonight we came back and the pizza was amazing. Wings were good, too, but not like Davey's at Rogers. Prices are much higher than Rogers Zoo. Atmosphere is fantastic, very updated, CLEAN, and classy. Much improved since Roger owned it!!! The service was possibly the best we have ever had in a restaurant.
I guess the only thing we can complain about is that I ordered a Grey Goose martini, straight up, and it was $16. Really? I mean, the drink was great, but the price was crazy.

• Visited August 2013
17 Thank Scarlette O
North Bend, Oregon, United States
“Just a good place to eat/drink and enjoy the evening.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've heard some refer to the Liberty Pub as a tad bit "spendy." It doesn't seem spendy to me, as I'm accustomed to paying for quality food and drink, and this place has it. If you are accustomed to the bar where they have $2.00 Bud Light all night long, free buckets of peanuts, and line dancing with a few dozen hoes, then this is not the place for you.

There is not a single beer on tap or bottle, that is not of the highest quality. I also love that the owner/bartender Ethan can tell you the life story behind every brew if you desire, and is happy to give you samples until you find the one you enjoy. I will admit that I am partial to Hoegaarden (which is only the best beer in the galaxy - bar none) and he has it on tap. Try it (unless you are a big puss and don't have testicles or taste buds). The bottom line is this... his beer does NOT suck. I also like that he does his homework and rotates his beers, always striving for the best. If you want Budweiser, pick up a six pack at Safeway and go back home and play your X-box, while I buy your wife/girlfriend (who is seeking a more refined experience) a Hoegaarden. He also has a large selection of quality spirits and knows how to use them.

I won't go into the atmosphere, size, layout, etc. as I'm sure others will go into detail on those things. Suffice it to say it's plenty big, has a restaurant side and a pub side, so families and children are welcome also, is VERY clean and new, not too loud, and has a nice atmosphere.

As for the food... let me just say that I live to eat, rather than eat to live. I enjoy good food and good beer, and this place has both. I can honestly say that there is NOTHING that I have tried that I did not absolutely love.

Fried Green Beans. Eat them (with the honey mustard). Enough said.

The assortment of pocket sandwiches which are similar to a calzone, are to die for. Take the best pizza dough in the world, and pack it full of all sorts of amazing things. Again, just Eat it.

The pizza's themselves are amazing, especially the "Low tide" which (as screwed up as it sounds) consists of clams and pesto. It is ridiculous. Eat it.

Fish and Chips. Eat it.

There are tons of other things as well. Just eat them and shut up. They are all amazing. I should mention that Ethan's wife/owner (Karen) is the one that cooks up all this culinary deliciousness. I think that is one of the keys to this bar's success. You have a husband/wife team playing an active part in the day to day operation (cooking/bartending) and they understand what is at stake, and give 150% to ensure it's success.

In a nutshell.. it's good food and beer, nice atmosphere that is not too loud, friendly owners that are not dicks, with enough room that it's not nuts to butts trying to get near the bar. It's not an "old fogey bar." There is a nice mix of MATURE younger AND older adults. This is not the drama filled fight club experience that some bars seem to be. For those couples who don't go out because they don't like the "bar scene".... come check it out. And for those that enjoy the "bar scene" except for the getting punched in the face part, check it out too!

• Visited July 2013
20 Thank Tony W
Lakeside, Oregon
“Best Pizza EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Mazzio's Pizza chain in east Texas was always my favorite (Domino's, Pizza Hut, etc. YUCK!). Then we had pizza and beer at the Liberty Pub. Best pizza ever! (I had the Canadian bacon topping.) The crust is thin with a stuffed cheese edge (perfect!): the dough is made each morning, the ingredients are all fresh except for the olives. We'll be back!!

• Visited June 2013