“A Fine Little Casino”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in North Bend
Portland, Oregon
“A Fine Little Casino”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I can recommend this hotel. The rooms are good-sized and very clean. The food is excellent. The only complaint we had, and it is a minor one, is that the service was a lilltle slow in the dining room. All in all, you can't beat The Mill for the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Suzann_Anaya, Director of Hotel Operations at The Mill Casino Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Glenn,

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your food and accommodations at our property. I’m sorry to hear that the service in our restaurant was a little slow, it is usually quick, and so I’ll be sure to share your observation with our restaurant Manager.

Please come again soon, it’s a beautiful drive from Portland to Coos Bay!

Director of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
Reviewed August 1, 2014

A staff of friendly helpers awaits you to make your stay as wonderful as possible in an atmosphere of peace and Indian lore. The food is terrific as are the suites and rooms and there is not another place around with such views. I will always stay at the Mill , always! JS

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Jack,

All I can say is Wow! Thank you! Your review is very heartfelt, and touches on the ideal we value the most at The Mill Casino Hotel, which is friendliness. I am very grateful that you shared your observations with us, and that you will be our customer for many years to come. We always strive to stand out from the rest with our view, rooms, food and most of all friendliness.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed here for almost 2 weeks. After maids cleaned our rooms we had a HUGE flee problem. Myself, my fiance, and both my children were covered in bites. One child still in diapers had bites around her diaper all over her back.. chest .. shoulders .. legs .. covered. We are still healing from the bites. When notifying front desk there was nothing done to conpensate for 3 days of our stay being uncomfortable and basically room bound as children were so very uncomfortable. We were told make sure if you stay again you request to not have that room. After staying that long.. spending lots of money there ... to be treated like that was a slap in the face. Could of at the very least offered bug bite cream from first aide. I'm not talking about a couple bites.. dozens. I killed at least 6 flees myself.

Dear SweetSkittles,

Your review is very concerning. If this is a legitimate observation, please contact me directly so that we may discuss your experience. Since I was not alerted to your complaint while you were our guest, I am unaware of this situation, and would like more details. You will receive a private email from me with specifics regarding how to reach me directly. Please contact me at your earliest convenience as I would sincerely like to resolve this situation for you.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Called was told I have a panoramic view in the tower for you for 160.00.drove down and the view was of the roof. Went downstairs and ask for a better room was told no other rooms available. But said they could refund my money. No offer of lower price to stay. So left. Drove all the way down there for nothing.. bad room rude staff

Dear Bball085990,

I am sorry you were disappointed in the view from your room. I understand how frustrating it can feel to have expectations not met when visiting a destination, especially when you were told that the room had a panoramic view. Since some of our Tower rooms also include a view of the roof along with the view of Coos Bay, I understand your disappointment. The night that you were booked here, we were completely sold out, consequently, finding you a room with a more pleasing view wasn’t a possibility on that night.

I do hope that you will consider visiting us again. May I recommend our Lodge rooms? Our Bay-side Lodge rooms all include an unobstructed view of Coos Bay. I am sure you will not be disappointed again.

I am truly very sorry that this wasn’t a more pleasant experience for you.

Most Sincerely,

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We came in for our 33 anniversary we stay on the first floor my husband is handicapped everything in the bathroom was perfect It is a great hotel it was quiet and very clean the only problem we really had was getting food at midnight or one in the morning when we are still gambling and I was unable to get food at the time yeah I'm a diabetic and I needed food so wasn't able to get the right food that I needed but It really was a greAt place

Dear Oneacre,

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for choosing our Casino & Hotel to celebrate! I am delighted that you found the first floor accessible accommodations to be so comfortable.

I have shared your observations about the food selection for diabetic folks with the restaurant team. I hope we are able to add some additional items in the near future.

I hope you are able to come back soon and visit us again!

McKinleyville, California, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Have always liked it as I can park my car once and play, eat and sleep. Not offered as many deals now, but still like to stop there. Very friendly staff at check-in and they did upgrade me to bay view. They always offer to help with bags. Room has always been clean the several times I have stayed. Check out is easy.

Dear Tamara,

Thank you for being our recent guest and for reviewing our property on Trip Advisor. I’m delighted to read that you enjoy our hotel and its amenities. For the best shot at the lowest rate, I recommend visiting “off-season” as much as possible. You can generally find the best rates when you visit Sunday-Thursday. Weather can still be spectacular as late as October, and the winter months have their own special kind of fun. Please give it a try and see what you think!

All the best,

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Love this hotel! Stayed in a non-smoking tower king room and it was fantastic! The bed was so comfortable! The plank house had delicious food and drinks and the casino was very fun! My only complaint is that the pool had way to much chlorine in it! It was over powering but the outdoors hot tub was fantastic! Will be back for sure!

1 Thank Britta V
Dear Britta,

Thank you! I’m very glad to hear that you enjoyed our new mattresses. Those mattresses are sourced locally and made in Oregon. We’ve been getting a lot of positive feedback about them.
Thank you also for mentioning the meals you ate in the Plankhouse, I’ll pass your wonderful compliments to the restaurant team, and they will be delighted.

I’m sorry about the chlorine. It sounds like it was over-powering when you visited our pool area. The amount of chlorine is very carefully monitored but I will look into your concern to be sure that our system is functioning properly.

Thank you for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor. I hope we see you again very soon!

Warm regards,

#3 of 7 in Coos Bay
Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend
Best Western Inn at Face Rock
Plainview Motel & RV Park

Been to The Mill Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!