“Best Hotel on Oregon Coast”

The Mill Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in North Bend
Coos Bay
“Best Hotel on Oregon Coast”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I always enjoy my stay at The Mill hotel. The rooms are so nice with pillow top mattresses on the beds so I rest very well. Also a lot of the rooms look over the bay so you have a beautiful view. You couldn't ask for nicer people than the ones that work at The Mill. They will be sure you have a great stay!

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sharon B
Suzann_Anaya, Manager at The Mill Casino Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Sharon B.,

We’ve recently purchased new mattresses and I’m glad to see that they are being well received! The mattresses are made right here in Oregon with the finest materials available. We try to keep all of our products and services as local and regional as possible. Thank you for the compliments about our team. They always read Trip Advisor reviews, and your kind words meant a lot.

I look forward to your next visit with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We found The Mill Casino Hotel accidentally, but have made sure to keep coming back for the last 12 years. It is a 4 hour drive, but always a first choice of where to go. I still love seeing so many familiar faces greeting me. The employees are awesome and make the stay top notch. We fell in love with the view of the bay. The boardwalk is relaxing. And of course the casino is a fun way to spend some time. Lots of restaurant choices and great food. And the bakery is to die for! Lots to activities in the area to keep you busy if you leave the casino. And I can bring the dog too!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Donna K
Dear Donna K,

I am delighted to know that you enjoy our hotel enough to drive 4 hours to come visit us! That is a huge compliment. We’ve enjoyed you as our guest for the past 12 years, and look forward to your many return visits with us.

Thank you!
Brookings, Oregon
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My travel companion and I were given a free night's stay from a friend. When I booked the reservation the person asked when I would be arriving. I said about Noon and was told that check in is normally 4 p.m. but they would be able to get us in at 2 p.m. When we checked in at 3 we were told the room was not ready and that check in was 4 p.m. (actually their sign says it is between 4-6 p.m. which is odd to me). Anyway, when I asked when the room would be ready I was told it would be another 45 minutes.

My companion and I browsed around trying to find something to kill time. It was a Sunday and most businesses in Coos Bay were closed and we don't gamble. Seems stupid to go to a casino if you don't gamble but remember, I didn't buy this room a friend gave it to us. We were postponed again. When we returned at 4:30 were told it would be yet another half hour. They explained they had had a large event the night before.

I'll be honest. I got mad. I was even angrier when the clerk flippantly told me "After all this is a comp room." First, this was not a comp room; someone paid for it just not me. Secondly, if you do have a comp room that should not justify this behavior by the hotel.

Two things to point out. Several other guests checked in while we waited. There were two other guests whose rooms were not ready but the clerk offered to call them when it was. When we checked at 4:30 the clerk still did not say they would call me when it was ready; I had to request it. At 4:45 we finally got into our room. The Mill gave us free food vouchers but I would have rather gotten into our room sooner.

The room itself was beautiful. My companion usually finds something wrong with a room (old carpet, dated furniture, construction issues) but had no complaints about this room.

If the check-in process had been a better experience I would have rate The Mill at 4 or 5. As it is the flippant attitude of the staff and being delayed from check in 3 times tainted my stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank S G
Suzann_Anaya, Director of Hotel Operations at The Mill Casino Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear SG,
Your honest feedback is appreciated. I want to assure you that I looked into your experience right away, and re-trained the employee who checked you in. All future check-ins should be much better thanks to your feedback and the additional training that came from it. When a valued guest speaks up, it gives me the opportunity to improve our service, and I am grateful for that.

Thank you for your compliments on the room. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness standards, and I am delighted that you thought so highly of our efforts in that area. I've shared your compliments with the housekeeping staff.
I hope that we can gain your trust and confidence back. Please visit us again, and allow us to treat you with the hospitality that you deserve.

Suzann Anaya
Director of Hotel Operations
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

First stay in this hotel. They should warn people about the smoking. Walked through the casino. My clothes stunk so bad I had to bag them. Everyone smokes in the restaurants too. Staff was very nice, rooms a little larger than standard hotels. Overall nice.
I had the BBQ for dinner. Terrible and really tuff. Most likely microwaved. Sides were un edible. Again, service was great. Room had lots of raid and train noise. Train passes just feet from hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Mike P
Dear Mike P.

Thank you for reviewing our property. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the terrific service you received during your visit to our hotel.

I've passed along your concerns about the quality of the food you were served in Warehouse 101, as well as the smoky casino environment, and I can assure you they are reviewing the situation carefully.

Hopefully, you will stay with us again, and we can show you our progress!

Kind Regards,

Suzann Anaya
Director of Hotel Operations
Depoe Bay, Oregon
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and I treated our daughter, granddaughter home from college to a Christmas getaway. We stayed at The Mill and they couldn't have been more accommodating. From making the reservations to welcoming us at the hotel and making reservations at Shore Acres. We asked for an early check in as they scheduled their van to drive us there at 4:00. We checked in at 1:00 which gave us plenty of time to get ready for the van. Our rooms were very clean, beds were extremely comfortable. Coming back from the Shore Acre Lights, we had dinner and the staff couldn't have been more professional. The food was excellent and the service was exceptional.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor overlooking the bay away from the elevator and ice machine
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Karen B
Petaluma, California
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This was my second stay. Dallas checked us in and couldn't have been more helpful and welcoming. We were in the tower and the rooms were great. Quiet, great view of the bay. Very clean and comfortable

Room Tip: Tower rooms have views of the bay, as do the rooms one the West side of the lodge.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Clackamas, Oregon
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed just one night. Lots of positives; clean, very friendly, great "promenade" walkway, view from view rooms, travel access, reasonable prices, very nice gaming area with a good selection of games and machines. One really bad remark - close to the most uncomfortable bed we have ever slept on. One moderate criticism, the buffet is available only on select days and at select times and we really would have enjoyed a nice selection at a Sunday morning buffet. As casinos go - right in the middle.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Plainview Motel & RV Park
Itty Bitty Inn
Itty Bitty Inn
#2 of 4 in North Bend

Been to The Mill Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!