“Great Place, Clean, Friendly, Best place in town.”

The Mill Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in North Bend
Reviewed July 31, 2008

We stayed here in a "Lodge" room. This was the first Phase of the resort and the rooms are done up like a mountain retreat. We loved it. The new hotel section is ultra modern. The pool and hotub area is brand new too. We did not eat at the resort. For breakfast we recommend the Pig'n pancake just down the road. A real family place with good food.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed July 5, 2008

This is the 2nd time I've stayed at this hotel on trips through the NW. Both times we walked-in off the road and had no problems getting a reasonable room. The rooms are comfortable and nicely decorated. Plenty of parking with free valet, and free internet access. There is also a small 24 hour cafe in the casino which has decent food for a ok price. Not a 5-star resort, but definitely a nice place to stay while you're on the road.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2008

I've stayed at the Mill Casino Motel many times, and will say that their rooms are nice. But for service, they don't know what it means and don't seem to care. Unfortunately, in Coos Bay there is very little competition.

Here are some examples: check in at 4:30 in the afternoon, and wait for an hour because your room isn't ready. Or go to the restaurant, and wait 2 hours (and many excuses) for your meal to come. Literally.

This place has potential to be good, but it is a long ways from it. I doubt that they will change until some real competition comes into Coos Bay. I think a lot of people (especially business travelers) would prefer to move on, but as I said, the options are very limited here.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2008

I have stayed at the mill several times out of necessity. There are slim pickins in Coos Bay, and I traveled there weekly for a period of months. The Mill was a rip off. Their rates were extremely high and they nickel-and-dime you for everything. Hopefully by now they've gotten with the program and stopped charging their guests for INTERNET ACCESS. It was $10 per day! They have some kind of rewards program that is supposed to give you a reduced rate and a free night, but they never gave me my reward, everytime I'd try to redeem it, there was some loophole that got them out of giving me my free night. They have about 7 channels on the TV- and 4 of those are hotel channels. There was NO cell phone reception anywhere in or around the hotel, either, so to make a call I had to actually drive down the street!

I opted to start staying at the Best Western down the road. It's a little creepy, but at least I can watch TV and get free internet so I can get some work done.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2008

We (2 adults and one child <2) stayed at this hotel from 24th of april to 25th of april. Just passing and dropped by. Good service an excellent rates. Good restaurant with great wine!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2008

Just returned from a buisness trip to North Bend and stayed at the Mill Hotel/Casino on a Thursday night. The staff at the front desk of the hotel were courteous and concise although not overly friendly. I did not have a reservation when I arrived, I had only called to confirm availability before making the short drive to the hotel after realizing I would need to stay in town. From the time I approached the front desk to the time I was on the way to my room was all of about 5 minutes. This was a huge plus for me having had a really long day at work. The room I received was clean and nicely furnished, as was the rest of the hotel, and had a beautiful view of the bay.

After freshening up I headed downstairs to the casino to get something to eat (note: if you are 6' or over you will have to duck to wash your hair as the showerhead is pretty low). The first thing you will notice in the casino, especially if you are not a smoker, is the rank of cigarette smoke. While not overwhelming, due to a very high ceiling, it was enough to be unpleasant. The Casino is all smoking except for one of the lounges and a small glass encased room filled with slots.

There are 2 restaurants and a cafe in the casino, I chose to eat at the cafe as I was very hungry and figured I'd get my food faster. There are quite a few items on the menu but pretty pricey for a cafe. I ordered the Thursday special, an Italian panini, and a medium soda ($9 and change) at the counter and sat down at one of the many small tables. About 25 minutes later I received my food which seemed like an especially long time given that I could count the customers in the cafe on one hand and had ordered the nightly special. The sandwich was fairly large but very bland, mediocre at best.

After eating I headed over to the Warehouse, a lounge around the corner from the cafe, where a band was just getting ready to start. I ordered a drink at the bar and sat down at one of the tables close to the stage. The band was good, they were from Nevada (don't remember thier name) and obviously professional traveling musicians which suprised me because I was expecting a local band or even a dj as it was a week night. The lounge wasn't especially busy and there were two cocktail waitresses but I still found myself sitting at my table with an empty glass for 20 minutes and ended up going back to the bar myself for another drink.

Retiring to the room for the night I found the bed to be adequately comfortable although nothing special. Check-out was even quicker than check-in through the tv and you just leave your keycard in the room. They slip the invoice under your door at some point in the early morning.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2007

We recently drove the Oregon Coast w/ the Mill being the last stop. The hotel is in the middle of construction but we were not inconvenienced by any of it. The casino is small but there were plenty of machines available ( Thursday night ).
The room was better than we thought it would be. The bedspreads are so nice and comfortable. I thought they were Pendleton. It was nice to open the window for fresh air. There were a lot of fishing boats to see.
We had lunch @ the Timber Cafe. While it is a small place the menu offerred many items. Make sure you sign up for the Player's card. You are given a coupon book w/ one of them
$ 3.00 off a meal. A little advice- you need to order your meal at the counter ! We sat down first and realized that was the way to do it !
In the morning breakfast was @ the Plank House ( avail Fri, Sat & Sun ). The food was good w/ a pretty view.
They were sold out on the night we were there.. Glad we made reservations. There isn't a lot of places to stay. Bandon Dunes was a 25 minute drive away. If you don't mind the drive I would recommend this hotel The cost was $ 120. per night.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Edgewater Inn
Edgewater Inn
#3 of 7 in Coos Bay
Best Western Inn at Face Rock

Been to The Mill Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!