“Nice visit”

The Mill Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in North Bend
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a two day visit to the Mill Casino. It was a pleasant place to stay, the rooms are clean with a nice view of the bay. The only complaint I have is about the room doors. They have the automatic closers and slam shut, so several times in the night we heard doors slamming. The staff were very friendly and helpful, we would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kyrogram

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I loved staying at the Mill. The rooms were absolutely beautiful, and the view from the 4th floor was wonderful. The bathroom was quite spacious, with a lovely walk in shower. Everything was quite comfortable, and it was surprisingly quiet for having a casino downstairs. I absolutely loved my stay!

• Stayed: February 2013
5  Thank Roadtripgal88
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have stayed at the Mill several times, usually once a year sometimes twice for extended stays. As I am doing my planning for my annual vacation it brought back memories of the awesome experiences I have had. If you choose to stay at the Mill you will be treated respectfully and friendly from the moment the amazing staff meets you in the lobby. The rooms are spacious and so clean. I have recommended the rooms and take photos of the room and view from room to add to my vacation pictures.. And the views oh...... you can wake up open the curtains and gaze upon a beautiful view of the bay. On a chilly day just enjoying the start of your day with a cup of coffee and the view.

The staff have been extremely helpful in guiding us to different sites in the area including freshly caught Tuna availabe down the street off the docks. We have yet to be steered wrong when being giving guidance from Mill Staff.

Yes, I am a believer I will be staying at the Mill again this Spring/Summer. You should try it too. OH AND DON"T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THE RESTAURANTS.....

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking out over the bay. Beautiful....
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Vickie B
Reviewed February 17, 2013

great room super friendly staff great dining Be sure to visit nearby Charleston and stop in at Chuck's Seafood. Great place to buy canned seafood and fresh if you live close enough to put in ice chest.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the water and it was so relaxing to listen to the birds at night.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank jane_mcclure20062000
Reviewed February 1, 2013

There is no reason to ever spend your time or money at the Mill. Horrible food, horrible staff, horrible noisy, smelly room and horrible waste of money. Places like this do not deserve your hard earned money.

Red Lion is right down the street, and a much better place all around!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank shadowfaxx
MillCasino, Public Relations Manager at The Mill Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

If this is a legitimate review we would like to hear more so we can improve our services. Please feel free to call us and discuss in more detail. We are just not sure where to take these comments.

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Came for the Getaway Package. Room, food credit, and champagne for $160. Staff very friendly, real people. Rooms were nice. Modern rustic feel. View less than desireable. Only ate at the diner. My philly steak was too dry to eat. Wife said her breakfast was good. Casino floor was clean and well run. Machines were stingy. Not too crowded, or smoky. Nightclub was rockin. Saw "The Koz". Probably the best cover band ever. Drink prices were reasonable. Cocktails were not weak. We'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank wildhands1
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This was our 3RD time staying at this place. They claim to have no record of my service dog After a 40 min. argument with the VERY RUDE front desk agent AND THE MANAGER on duty....We finally got into a NON-SMOKING room (They said there is no housekeeper on duty to "change over" into a "pet room").... THIS IS A SERVICE DOG, NOT A PET. When I get into bed that night the sheets STINK OF CIGARETTE SMOKE AND BLEACH. With about 5 cig burns in top blanket...... right next to my face.

I felt as if I was being watched. Only by the fact they glared at me every time I would walk by the front desk. My room was ground level and had to walk by them.... DID NOT FEEL WELCOME THERE!

I give everyone else 5 stars, because the were very hospitable. Housekeeping was great. Casino, Restaurant was wonderful. :-)
Just horribly managed!

Room Tip: Let 'em know EVERY THING (pets, children, special needs) Because they WILL NOT ACCOMMODATE YOU w...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
MillCasino, Public Relations Manager at The Mill Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

H.B. We were trying to abide by the rules for both the hotel and the Oregon Disabilities law. As you know, there were no pet friendly rooms available so we had to do a little rearranging to accommodate your needs. We are sorry it took longer than you were expecting, but it sounds like everything else went well.
You and your adorable Chihuahua's are welcomed anytime and you are correct, calling ahead will shorten your wait time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Bend
Edgewater Inn
Edgewater Inn
#3 of 7 in Coos Bay
Best Western Inn at Face Rock

Been to The Mill Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!