“Needs new chairs in rooms”

Quality Inn & Suites Coos Bay
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in North Bend
Victoria, Canada
“Needs new chairs in rooms”
Reviewed March 30, 2011

We paid over $105 for one bed in a large room. The bed was comfortable and over all not a terrible experience. The room chairs DESPERATELY need updating. I sat down at the table and sunk down. No cushion left in the chairs and whatever is under the material pricks through. The couch on the left hand side, just before entering the breakfast room, looks like it came from the dump. Not a soul, who would be waiting for their spouse in the washroom, would dare sit in such a dilapidated piece of furniture. Overall, we feel we paid too much, for the time of year, and the furnishings were not equal to the cost for the room. The breakfast was adequate, but only one waffle maker for a large room.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gaylea
Bay142, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Coos Bay, responded to this review, April 3, 2011
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We are currently remodeling some of the areas that were mentioned. We have replaced the flooring and all of the counter tops in the Breakfast Room and retiled the floor around the Lobby restrooms. The construction crew brought in the old sofa for their use and to block traffic around their work area. When the work was completed, we replaced it with the furniture that belongs there. We do have two Waffle makers in different areas of our Breakfast Room.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed the comfortable bed and good night sleep in our larger rooms. Thank you again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Orange County
Reviewed March 26, 2011

When you think of chain hotels, you think of high prices and mediocre attitudes. Not in Coos Bay. This good-size motel has a big-time hotel attitude. Great room, free coffee all day, more than adequate breakfast, and a really nice bed. For the price, we were very satisfied and got a great two nights sleep on their nice beds.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We got the Roomsaver guide from McDees in downtown Coos Bay looking for a hotel & called all around at the hotels that were listed & they had the best price out of all the other hotels in town..I was pleased on how friendly all the staff was...I enjoy talking to them & they seemed like they really wanted our stay to be the best...I was exhausted from a motel we stayed in the night prior that was super loud & I'm like can I please get a upstairs somewhere quiet & I got to say they did exactly that..The hotel was super quiet was able to get a very good night rest...Beds were super comfy & the lady told me that the beds were all brand new & for breakfast they really put on a spread for it just being a free continental breakfast..Rooms was spacious, very clean and had plenty of towels and other little goodies to make u feel comfy...I felt very safe staying here & very quiet...I have stayed in other Hotels in Coos Bay but I got to rate this one the best by far...U get down Hwy 101 in downtown Coos Bay and you can hear all that traffic going down HWY 101 which this hotel is off that path but not far from 101 and really well located and it is PEACE & QUIET
I will be calling u on my next hotel stay
Very nice staff wouldn't trade this place for anything
Thanks Again

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Keizer, Oregon
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Friday, 11/19/10 - Bedbugs in hotel. Samples given to front desk clerk. Clerk would not do an inspection as she said she was the only employee on site that night.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank BeaglesGuy
Bay142, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Coos Bay, responded to this review, December 3, 2010
The Comfort Inn at Coos Bay, OR takes cleanliness and Guest Satisfaction very seriously. We have always had regular inspections by a commercial pest control company and have never had any findings of Bed Bugs. After this claim we called them and asked for an immediate inspection. They reported that they “checked window frames, floor molding, lamp shades, curtains, bed sheets, mattress seams, headboard, bathroom plumbing, phone, cabinets, floor carpeting, etc. and found NO indication of bed bugs.” They also inspected a card that the Guest had left at the Front Desk with material scotch taped to it and found it to be some inorganic material. We are confident that there is NO bed bug infestation at our hotel.

Respectfully
Ray Sanford, CHA
Comfort Inn at Coos Bay

Travelers are raving about these North Bend hotels

jaghomeva@yahoo.com
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Overall nice hotel in Coos Bay. Stayed overnight on my way down the Oregon coast, and I had a great night's sleep at this hotel. From the layout, it looks like it might have been something other than a Comfort Inn in the past, as there is a lot of green space and the rooms are huge. I had a room with 1 king bed, and there was room enough to fit another bed and a couch in the room. Nice to have a little space for a change. Location is also night, as it was right next to a shopping mall and fast food was very close by. Only constructive feedback I would have would be related to the bathroom. The shower head was only about 5 feet high, and I am over 6 feet tall. Washing my hair took a little bending and stooping. Also, there is frost glass in the bathroom window, and I didn't really feel like it offered enough privacy, since the window faced the parking lot. However, these are small things and I did have a nice stay, so I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Hotel is older rehabbed, I would guess, from some other chain - room had access from parking as well as courtyard - room was nice and big and clean. But outside, it was almost attached to a shopping center and Taco Bell. The Internet didn't had a very low signal (1 to 2 bars) and I couldn't connect with the website I needed. I called the desk who had me call their service provider. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with them - they promised to "block other users downloading large files" and said I would be on in 10 to 15 minutes. I tried off and on over an hour - connected once and then I was blocked and could not reconnect - even in the am. Hotel adjusted the room price by $20. Room was ok - mattress had a ridge around the edge which felt like a frame. When we left Coos Bay yesterday, everything there looked a bit "faded" so this may be a good place in that environment.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Livingston, California
Reviewed July 30, 2010

There was construction going on at this motel. I think we stayed in a room that was not yet completely remodled. (I hope they were coming back to finish some things, yet.) Didn't here any construction noise, although they were working only two doors down. The room was very spacious. Each child recieved a snack bag from the receptionist.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend
Plainview Motel & RV Park
Best Western Inn at Face Rock
Sunset Oceanfront Lodging

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Coos Bay? Share your experiences!