“Wanting a nice Steak dinner? Don't look here”

Plank House Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 56 Restaurants in North Bend
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband and I decided that since we were staying at the Hotel we would just stay in and have a nice steak dinner. When we arrived we were seated promptly and had a nice view of the bay. We ordered an the carpaccio appetizer which was good and a local bottle of wine which was great. I ordered the surf and turf and had it upgraded to a Filet and Lobster tail, and my husband ordered the Ribeye. After my first bite of the filet I had to stop eating it. Now, we do have a very high quality taste for steak and food but I believe anyone would have been dissatisfied with the quality of steak. The filet was chewy and hard to cut into and it tasted as if it was a frozen cut that had been served. My husband said his steak was ok, but definetly not to the quality we are used to from where we come from.

The waitress was very apologetic and removed the charge from our check which was very kind of her. But I was very disappointed with the meal. The only thing that made up for it was how kind the waitress was in trying to rectify the situation.

There are newer reviews for Plank House Restaurant

Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is my kind of dining. excellent food and service morning of night plus the view of the bay is a plus.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Great Hotel. Very clean. Front desk staff were very cheerful and helpful. free bottle of wine and valet parking was nice and the on line price was reasonable $99. Both tower and regular hotel have nice views of the water and we would stay there again when we come back to Oregon.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

The restaurant was very good with great service, food, view and cozy. The prices are good for the portion of food you get. We had left overs for a mid night snack.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We usually eat breakfast here when we are in the area & this time we were here for lunch. I had pulled pork sandwich, which is the same that you get in the supermarket in the plastic container. The onion rings looked good, crispy on the outside but not fully cooked with wet batter in every bite so I didn't finish those. The coffee has changed, not as good as it was. My husband had fish & chips, same issue with the batter plus the fish was soggy, not flakey. I am not hugely picky but when I go to a restaurant I do expect professional results - meaning the staff can only work with the ingredients the business orders for them to cook, but then it's on them to make those ingredients correctly. Staff was friendly. We were there at lunch but later in the afternoon so there were only two other tables with customers. The music was overly loud. When there are a lot of people in a room it's not as noticeable but music in a restaurant should be background not the main event where it makes you want to eat & get away from it. The server apologized for the music & said that she wasn't allowed to turn it down & would get into trouble if she even asked. The business needs to support their staff better.

1  Thank Moralli