“Cost to Taste Ratio Skewed”

Plank House Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 54 Restaurants in North Bend
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Roseburg, Oregon, United States
“Cost to Taste Ratio Skewed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We recently traveled to the Bay Area to celebrate my birthday and had what I hoped would be an outstanding meal.

Service was slow to start with - then hurried, took order, etc. - then she disappeared again - reappeared with the appetizers - gone for a long time and serving way on the other end of the room - got back with the entrees, they had sat waiting for her for awhile. My garlic mashed had ossified cheese on top - it had been melted as it should have been and sat so long that it hardened and was tepid to say the least. My two lobster tails were very good - would have better if they had been served warmer - wait person disappeared again - did not return so I asked the receptionist to bring the desert cart. It showed up with another person bringing it. I ordered a chocolate/something cheesecake - IT WAS GHASTLY. If I thought my mashed potatoes were cold, this was almost still frozen. The chocolate was impossible to break through to reach the semi frozen, dried out cheesecake - aha the wait person appeared and presented us with the check - end of story.

Usually, casinos pride themselves on their food as it is a draw. Back to the drawing board on this one.

• Visited October 2013
Kevin T, Director of Food & Beverage at Plank House Restaurant, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
I want to personally thank you for your feedback. The team and I had many discussions regarding your comments. Although we do not like to hear when we have disappointed our guests or not reached their expectations, we value it very much. It gives us the important feedback we need to do better, train better and reach for what you expect. Thank you very much!

Your feedback on Timbers was very much appreciated too!

Coos Bay, Oregon
“Very Nice Little Bar Inside The Casino”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

There are 2 bars in the Mill Casino. The larger one, Warehouse 101 is very nice. Has a definite Sports Bar atmosphere, but very relaxing and enjoyable. The menu for food is your typical bar food, but the prices are reasonable and the quality in very good.
We had an order of the Nachos, which was great, and they serve a personal pizza, which was excellent. Good selection of beer, wine, mixed drinks etc. The service was very good and the tables were kept clean.
Even if you are not into the gambling, this little bar is very nice.

Rainier, Washington
“Good Food-Terrible Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were making a casino run and decided to add the Mills Casino to our trip. We hit here around lunch but I was in the mood for breakfast, which they were still serving. I had ham and eggs; the ham slice was so large it came on a separate plate. It was very tasty. I can't recall what my son had, but he was happy with his meal as well. Prices were very reasonable. The problem was with the waitress, not only did it take her quite a while to come to the table, it took her a very long time to get our check. If I recall correctly we ended up going to the cashier and having her locate the waitress and the check. We weren't impressed by the casino and since we don't live near here we won't be returning.

• Visited September 2013
Thank you for making your casino run to the Mill. I am sorry that we did not fulfill your expectations. We try very hard to make sure all of our gusts feel that they received excellent service and we failed you on this trip. My team and I have made some changes based on your feedback and hopefully you will give us another chance should you be in the mood for another run. I would hate to think we have lost you as a valuable guest. I would love to meet you in person to thank you for your feedback and treat you to a breakfast on me to see if we have improved. Your feedback has been valuable. Thank you!.
Gresham, Oregon
“Great little hotel and casino”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had a great two-night stay overlooking the bay. Quiet rooms and comfy beds. The casino is small enough as not to get lost and the machines were "friendly", but no big jackpots. Enjoyed our stay and would return.

Visited October 2013
Gresham, Oregon
“Ample portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was our 5th time dining at the Plank House Restaurant and have enjoyed both breakfast and dinner entree's. The salmon was excellent and the dinner rolls were wonderful. Breakfast was tasty as well. The view of the bay is quite nice and you can enjoy a walk along the promenade after dinner.