“Good spot to stay!”

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Newport
troutdale
“Good spot to stay!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We have stayed at the Hallmark Resort in Cannon Beach several times, but had the opportunity to stay in Newport @ the Hallmark Resort, and had a wonderful time! We had our dog with us and lucky our room was on the ground floor and had a sliding door right onto the grass. We took many walks on the beach, which our dog LOVED. We ended up eating at the restraurant @ the hotel and had very good meals. Would definately stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon B
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Sharon B,

Thank you for your loyalty to Hallmark and for giving us a try. I am thrilled to hear that you and your dog had a great stay with us. We hope to see you the next time you come to Newport.

Ric Rabourn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
Coos Bay
Reviewed January 31, 2013

had a work event with meetings that started at 11am. Was a bit worried since check in was not till 4pm so i called the resort a few days before and asked them if it would be possible to check in early since i was scheduled for meetings from 11am - 9pm. They did some checking and said that they should be able to have my room availabe when i arrived and if not they would work something out for me. I arrived around 10:30 and my room was ready for me. I was promptly checked in by a very nice man and went to my room to prepare for my meetings. My room was excellent. The staff at the Hallmark Resort are a pleasure to speak with. They took very good care of me over my 3 day stay.
Many thanks to them for a wonderful working weekend... with a view that was amazing and a room that was so relaxing - i really enjoyed the fireplace and balcony.

Room Tip: My room was over by the restaurant - i enjoyed it. It was a handcap room - with a HUGE bathroom due...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank justme97420
justme97420,

It is great to hear that you had such a wonderful working weekend. I will be sure to share your comments with our front desk crew and the rest of our staff.

Hopefully the next time you come to visit it will be for more play and less work!

Beaverton, Oregon, United States
Reviewed January 30, 2013

It's been 7 years since we first spent a night on a top floor of Hallmark and since that time we come back every fall...every winter...every spring. We take pictures of sunsets and sunrises, we sleep with our window open and listen to the ocean, we make friends. Our friends leave and come back, because I guess it is not just pleasant to stay at Hallmark , but it is a good place to work as well. We are loyal to this place and this place is loyal to us. This evening we got a phone call and we've been offered to book a room on a top floor (we wrote and asked about it, and there was nothing available, but we got lucky again- someone cancelled and Hallmark staff was so nice to give us a call and let us know about it. Thank you Amanda and Katie - you are the best).
So now we are looking forward to our weekend and making plans to sleep with our window open.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Gala_0000,

Thank you for your 7 years of loyalty and the fantastic review. I will be sure to share it with all of our staff. I am sure that Amanda and Katie will be especially thrilled to see that they were recognized.

You will be quite surprised the next time you come as many of the pictures you took are now “classics” with some of the changes we have made with the renovations. Actually, many of the areas are just bare drywall right now but they will be spectacular when finished.

We look forward to your next visit.

Aurora, CO
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed at the Hallmark for the second time in October, 2012. The customer service is always good and the stay was terrific. It was rainy, relaxing and so beautiful. We had a most wonderful room high up in the corner. The views were amazing and so restful. The room was in need of remodeling so we got a good price. They were ready to remodel within a short time. It was clean and pleasant with a nice little kitchen, a jacuzzi and the bed was to die for. We will go back again. Oregon is just amazing.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
reetee50,

Thank you for the great review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to the Oregon Coast. I hope that when you make the trip again you will come back to see us.

The Dalles, Oregon
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We've made this our exclusive home away from home when visiting the Oregon coast. The staff is very professional and extremely friendly, especially front desk manager Mike Locke, who goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure his guests have a memorable stay. He recently jumped through hoops to make sure that I had a special chair to accommodate a back injury and did so with a smile and even called later on to make sure that it was working for me. Thanks Mike!

This is one of few Oregon Coast hotels/motels that offers ocean front rooms with room service. One could feasibly never have to leave their room during their whole stay which is a dream come true for a webhead/workaholic/ocean view lover like myself. The room service is provided by Georgie's restaurant which I believe has the best clam chowder in town. It always shows up fast and the servers are always very polite and helpful.

Be sure to spend a few extra bucks to get the limited edition rooms. They're worth the price! They have (2) tv's which is great if you've got kids. The rooms are very clean and their housekeeping is extremely friendly as well.

Whoever runs this show does an outstanding job. Two thumbs up Hallmark! Keep up the good work! We appreciate it!

Room Tip: Spend the few extra bucks for a limited edition room. They're very cozy! The building is 5 stori...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kevin W
Kevin W,

Thank you for the great feedback. Mike does an exceptionally good job for us and is always willing to bend over backwards for our guests. Your recommendation for the Limited Edition rooms is a great one and by June we will be doubling the number of these rooms as part of our ongoing renovations.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Newport.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I've been staying at the Newport Hallmark once or twice a year since 2007, and keep coming back. The four day weekend I just returned from did nothing but reinforce why the Hallmark is my "go-to" place in Newport. I stayed in a "Pet Friendly Deluxe King Spa" room on the ground floor. The room was clean, nicely appointed, and huge. Room amenities included a gas fireplace, sitting area, kitchenette (with microwave, dishwasher, small coffee maker, toaster, and dishes), a desk, king sized bed, dresser, large jetted soaking tub, full bathroom, dressing room, and an unobstructed ocean view from the jetty to the south to the Yaquina Head Lighthouse on the north. Sunday was a gray, rainy day, and the room was perfect for hanging out with my golden retriever in the afternoon, reading a book and staring at the ocean. The bed was extremely comfortable, and I slept very well. If you're traveling with a dog, the hotel provides a nice "pet basket" including toys, treats, a towel, and a pet sheet for the bed.

Newport is right in the middle of--at least for me--the very best part of the Oregon coast, bounded by Depoe Bay on the north and Heceta Head on the south. So in addition to all that the city of Newport has to offer (which is a lot), the Hallmark is a great home base from which to explore destinations such as Boiler Bay, Depoe Bay, Cape Foulweather, Otter Rock, Yaquina Head, Seal Rocks, Waldport, Yachats, Cape Perpetua, Heceta Head, and Sea Lion Caves, as well as numerous state parks.

Thanks, Hallmark, for another great stay!

Room Tip: If you're traveling with a dog, the patio rooms on the south side of the property open directly...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank AmerikanacUHrvatskoj
AmerikanacUhrvatskoj,

Thank you for the very detailed review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your visit to the Oregon Coast. We are thrilled to have been home base for your many adventures.

We hope we can serve as your headquarters on future visits.

Owasso, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I were looking forward to a 6 night stay at the Hallmark to celebrate her birthday. On her "bucket-list": Watch majestic waves/surf pounding on rugged coastline. Hey, the Hallmark is a fine establishment, the staff were wonderful and the re-modeled King Suite was very nice. But we were really disappointed with the view of the ocean. Now, if you've never seen the ocean before, I'm sure you'd be impressed. But if you want truly awe-inspiring views of the ocean and heart-pounding surf on massive boulders----go 22 miles south to Yachats (where we are spending our remaining 5 nights) . And specifically, go to the Overleaf Lodge and Spa. Absolutely phenomenal! The rooms are more upscale than the Hallmark, but--in all fairness--are around $40 per night more (but well worth it!). Hallmark, it's not your fault that your beach couldn't be like the beach at Yachats!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 19jonesey54
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
19jonesey54,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the “wonderful staff” and the “very nice” room. I am disappointed that your rating doesn’t seem to reflect what you wrote. It seems that you have found another location with the view that you prefer so I am grateful for that. I’m sure they will be very appreciative that you took the time to compliment them on our hotel and restaurant pages here on Trip Advisor.

The Oregon coastline is very diverse and beautiful and definitely provides something for everyone. Thank you for giving us a try and for taking the time to write a review.