2,463 results
All reviewslimited editiongeorgie's restaurantoregon coastroom servicerestaurant next doorcannon beachtop floorpet areaonsite restaurantgas fireplaceocean viewgreat viewgift shopsitting areamini kitchenjacuzzi tuba wonderful stay
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Every room we saw had a great ocean view. Rooms very well designed for comfort and utility. No noise leaking from next door. But the thing that earned my highest esteem was the Hotel's response to travelers in need. A storm had hit forcing us out go our very expensive beach house due to a power outage. The Hallmark not only took us in, but moved some reservations around so we could have adjoining rooms with our children; and they gave us a discounted rate. This is an Hotel that went beyond expectations, but strived to make what could have been a disastrous visit to Newport, a very special visit we will remember forever. We will return to Newport in better times; and we will stay with our good friends at the Hallmark!

Room Tip: Loft rooms are nice, but the adjoining rooms are better for families on different sleeping schedules.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

AZMax86303, Thank you for all of the kind words. I will be sure to pass them on to all of our staff. I am very happy to hear that they made your stay a great one, especially under the circumstances. We will be anxiously awaiting your return.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

I live about 10 miles from this hotel and had to stay there for three nights this week because of a major power outage in my area. They were so incredibly awesome! They had a special rate for people who lost power, and even waived the pet fee for my third night. They worked with me in regards to extending my stay each night after I checked to see if power had been restored. I am actually moving about 3 hours away in a week, and if I ever come back to the coast for a visit, I will absolutely be staying here. Not only because of the amazing service I received, but the views from the room were so incredible! AND for those pet owners out there, if you stay on the first floor, you can simply walk out onto the patio and have access to grass right there, and you get a pet basket filled with goodies. This was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. I am almost glad I lost power for 3 days so I could discover the Hallmark!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeninator

Jeninator, I thought for sure your sign off would read “I’ll be back” with a Trip Advisor user name of Jeninator. I won’t say we are glad you lost power, but we are glad you discovered Hallmark and we will look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

We stayed here last weekend. As usual the view was amazing, room was accomodating and service was friendly. Loved being able to watch the ocean from the balcony or sitting room couch. Very comfortable room!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

rtwalker, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We appreciate your return visits and I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are honored to be on your list of favorites.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

We've been here many times and have always had great service by the staff. We got an email about a Storm special, so quickly grabbed that up and got a king spa room at a great price! The pool and spa were closed for renovations and the resort went through great lengths to notify guests of that. Not only was that posted on their website, but they made a personal phone call to let us know.

We were on the bottom floor, so sat out on our chairs enjoying the ocean view from our deck. We were right across from the pet area (a downside if you want privacy and don't want people constantly looking over into your room), but easy access to the beach. We had a great sitting area with table and 2 comfy chairs, as well as a couch and tv above the gas fireplace. Another flat screen tv was by the desk area across from the bed. The kitchenette was well equipped with everything you would need (dishes, coffee pot/coffee, microwave, refrigerator). Internet access was free and easily accessable. The spa tub was by the king bed and a great luxury. You could see out to the ocean, but we kept the curtains closed from all the pet area foot traffic.

We had a nice late snack at Georgies Grill of spring roll and bacon wrapped steak appetizers.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

clhruska, Thank you for your great review and repeat visits to Hallmark. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the rest of our team.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Great beach front property! Our room had it all, kitchenette, gas fireplace, balcony, ocean view and clean comfortable beds and at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

A-Lucas-Rice, I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Newport.