2,455 results
All reviewslimited editiongeorgie's restaurantoregon coastroom servicerestaurant next doorcannon beachtop floorpet areaonsite restaurantgas fireplaceocean viewgreat viewgift shopsitting areamini kitchenjacuzzi tuba wonderful stay
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed here 1 night on a trip up the Oregon coast. The room was large and like every room in the hotel, had a great view of the ocean. Try to get a room on the top floor. Our room was on the lower level and was a bit noisy. Had dinner at the on-site restaurant and the food was good.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor, it is more quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Sacramento_CAdave – I appreciate your taking the time to write a review of your stay. It’s great to hear that it was enjoyable and that you were able to take in the exceptional view of the ocean. I do apologize for the noise during your stay. The summer is quite busy and you are correct, a higher floor typically provides a bit more of a quiet experience. I was also glad to hear that you enjoyed dining at Georgie’s. We hope to see you again the next time your travel to the Oregon Coast.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Our room (and it looks like all of them) faced the ocean, great for watching the sun set. The room was large with 2 tvs, dvd player and a kitchenette. The kitchenette was great, but we had to ask for dishwasher soap and we didn't see a tea towel during our stay. The room doesn't have a/c, which is fine for the climate, but the drapes were attached so you couldn't get breeze from the window without the entire set of drapes open. (with kids we didn't want to leave the balcony door open). Overall a great place and would recommend - except NOT the on-site restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

The_Cowtowners – I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. You are correct in that all of our rooms do boast an ocean view. As we get ready to do some additional renovations this fall/winter we will certainly take your comments about the drapes into consideration when looking at designs. Thank you again for your comments.

Ric Rabourn

PS – I addressed your restaurant concerns on the restaurant review page.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

I have seen my fair share of motel rooms in my life and this room at the Hallmark resort on the beach in Newport, Oregon was definitely one of the better places to stay. My room was one of the older (not remodeled) rooms but it was exceptionally clean and comfortable. Had I made reservations more then a day earlier I would have been able to get one of the newer remodeled rooms but I can't say if it could have been any nicer then my room. Two flat screen tv's, jetted two person tub, balcony and deck overlooking the beautiful Oregon beach. Don't forget to sample some of the best beach food at Georgie's next door. I have eaten there many times before and it has always been absolutely perfect. This was my first time staying at the Hallmark resort but it won't be my last.

Room Tip: Fills quickly, make reservations early.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This is an excellent value. The hotel is beach front with easy access to a very nice beach. Many shops close by including French bakery for breakfast goodies, and the Rogue River brewery close by lunch and dinner. The limited edition room we had was very spacious and very well laid out.

Room Tip: The limited edition rooms are very worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 030612nn

There/here – First let me thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor, they are very much appreciated. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of the Limited Edition rooms and our central location. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Newport.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Thank you, Hallmark Resort, for making our stay in Newport absolutely perfect. We had previously stayed at the Shilo Inn right next door because we needed a pet friendly room, and were very disappointed in that hotel. Everyone referred us to you for our next stay, and we were absolutely delighted with the clean, beautiful room and view, excellent friendly service, nice pool, and perfect location. We loved it and will be back to the Hallmark every time we visit Newport!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2011

Sunset97210 – I am glad to hear that you had an exceptional stay with us. Our staff will be thrilled to hear your comments. Thank you for taking the time to share them on Trip Advisor. We will be anxiously awaiting your return to Newport.