2,465 results
All reviewslimited editiongeorgie's restaurantoregon coastroom servicerestaurant next doorcannon beachtop floorpet areaonsite restaurantgas fireplaceocean viewgreat viewgift shopsitting areamini kitchenjacuzzi tuba wonderful stay
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We've stayed at the Hallmark Resort in Newport, OR several times and love it - great employees, lovely, clean guestrooms with the most comfortable beds and the best sheets we've ever slept on! Just slide open those glass doors and you will enjoy the scent of the Pacific Ocean and sounds of waves breaking on that beautiful beach. Georgie's Beachside Grill is on property, for breakfast, lunch and dinner, which makes it so convenient. Great place for fresh seafood!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

Kaiohana – Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. I definitely agree the sound of the ocean is hard to beat. We very much appreciate you taking the time to write and I will be sure to pass your comments on to our staff. I also want to thank you for your repeat visits and your comments about Georgie’s.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

We had a comfortable, memorable experience at the Hallmark. Traveling for the July 4th weekend meant higher rates, but we still got a reasonable rate on an awesome room - king sized bed, fireplace, in-room jacuzzi (that actually fit two tall people!), kitchenette area. Best of all, we had a beautiful view of the ocean. It was wonderfully peaceful to watch the waves and the sunset.

The staff was great, always willing to help make my stay better. The first afternoon, it got pretty hot in the room (there is no air conditioning), and they brought us a fan with a smile. Upon checking out, they asked me sincerely if there was anything they could have done to make my stay better. I appreciated that. The room service staff from Georgie's were really nice as well. Even the reservations staff was pleasant when I called to book the room.

The only thing that makes it less than a 5 star experience was the location of our room. We opted to bring our small dog on this trip, so we were put in the pet wing of the hotel. This means either a second or first floor room by the pet area and recreation (volleyball, horseshoes, etc), which offers little privacy. I can see why they have strict rules for pets because just during our stay, there were plenty of irresponsible pet owners. I was woken up the first morning by dogs tied outside, barking. I do commend the staff for taking care of the problem promptly. Never the less, I was thoroughly disappointed with the location of our room. it chafed a little to know I was paying $20 extra per night to have less privacy (and more than likely a less nice room). Still, being able to bring my pet was a plus, and I like that they are as dog friendly as they are. Next time, though, we might leave the little guy at home and opt for a room as far away from the hustle and bustle as possible.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zvezda9
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We've previously stayed at the Hallmark Inn, and this is our third time back. It was a spur of the moment type thing, and we got the least expensive room. Queen, with Patio, mini-fridge, flat panel tv w/dvd player, it was room 244.
We've previously stayed in the King Jacuzzi room. This room was just as nice as the jacuzzi room. We checked in earlier than 4pm, at 1pm, and the front desk was very nice. Our stay was great. Only down side, is that there wasn't a fan, because the room's do get very warm. I would of kept the sliding door open, but there wasn't a screen, and that made me nervous, I didn't want anyone breaking in, or stealing...
But besides having no cool air, everything else was wonderful.

Also if you haven't ate at Georgies, you need to go! It's not hard to miss, it's the restaurant attached to the hotel. They have the best FOOD ever! For dinner we both had the Diablo pasta, which was fantastic! It had tons of different seafood, and it had a sweet saucy taste but with a kick of heat. For Breakfast we split an order of chicken fried steak, which we had hashbrowns, eggs, and toast. Then I ordered a full stack of blueberry pancakes. They split everything up onto two plates, and with adding hot chocolate it came to 24.00, which for all the food, and how fantastic it was, was a GREAT price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CamLovesJmw
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2011

CamLovesJmw – First of all I want to thank you for your return business. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your meal in Georgie’s. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the rest of our team. I do apologize that our natural air conditioning – the cool coastal breeze – was not working properly during your stay. It is usually quite reliable .

Reviewed June 25, 2011

My wife and I stay here every year. We'll be back again this Sept. The limited edition rooms are great and are the way to go. We have been staying here way before the remodel and enjoyed the rooms even then but they are even nicer now. The staff is always friendly and helpful. We always stay in Newport for a week and do our traveling on the coast from this point. Last year we couldn't get a room for the first night we were there so we stayed in a different hotel for that night. Out fault, we tried to book late on the first night after already booking the the rest. Anyway, as we walked into the room for our first of 6 nights there, my wife just said "Home" And it was for the rest of our vacation

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SeattleParrothead
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2011

SeattleParrothead – Thank you for the return visits and the great review. We definitely appreciate your loyalty and will continue to do everything we can to be your Newport home. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed June 25, 2011

I think a place right on the beach can't be beat. My third time at the Hallmark and as I watch the sun set over the vast ocean I am glad to be back. No doubt this place is a bit dated as are the rooms but somehow it all seems to work. The staff are friendly and helpful, it is reasonably priced and family and pet friendly. I must have seen a dozen dogs of all sorts so far but not an annoyance at all. The beaches stretch for miles, great safe walking and if lucky, you will catch a glimpse of the whales off shore. All rooms face the ocean due west. 5 minutes from Nye Beach shops, the lighthouse and harbor and the rooms have balconies where some of the other hotels do not. They have their own restaraunt also with a view but my sense is you can do better elsewhere with some of the local flavors. This place is a good value and will not disappoint.

Room Tip: Avoid the bottom floor less view
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ProMetalSales
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

ProMetalSales – I agree with your statement, “a place on the beach can’t be beat” of course I am biased. I appreciate that you have made Hallmark your home when visiting Newport. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our staff as they love to see their efforts are being recognized.

I know I speak for all of us when I say we are looking forward to your fourth visit, hopefully in the very near future.