“Fabulous!!”

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Newport, Oregon
“Fabulous!!”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

The staff were always smiling and friendly...not forced...everything was clean and fresh... the bed was sooo comfortable...we enjoyed every minute and look forward to a return visit!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
@dodell – I am glad to hear you had such a great experience during your stay. I will be passing your comments along to all of our team. They will be excited to hear that their natural friendliness was recognized. We are looking forward to your return visit.

Ric Rabourn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed May 9, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hallmark because of a conference I attended there. We had a group rate, which brought the room to a reasonable price for what it was. We enjoyed our one night stay and would have enjoyed another night. Beyond that, two things would have become annoying: the heat was either on or off, so it was hard to get it to stay where we liked, and the bed was pretty good but not the greatest. Also, I had forgotten my toothbrush, and normally a hotel of this quality would have supplied a free one, but I was told I could buy one for $2.50 in the gift shop. The restaurant was very good, with a sweeping ocean view, and our room had a great view as well.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, May 11, 2011
@Elizabeth51817 – Thank you for your feedback via Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I would like to look into the heater and the bed in the room but don’t have a way of tracking down that information via your Trip Advisor username. If you don’t mind would you please email me directly at ric@hallmarkinns.com so that I can have those items checked.

I also wanted to let you know that as a direct result of your comment we are now providing complimentary toothbrushes and razors at the front desk.

Thanks again for your comments as they truly make a difference in our day to day operations.

Newport, Oregon
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We had an amazing time. My husband and I enjoyed the romantic fireplace and jacuzzi spa and the kids had a wonderful time at the pool. We all loved the deck, especially my two year old who loved that she could see the ocean. The view was amazing all day, and at night the sounds of the ocean were very calming. We got a King Spa and it was totally worth the little extra. Our kids were able to go to bed and we stayed up in front of the fireplace. Also, everyone at the hotel was so friendly and helpful. We only had time for a short stay, but we will definitely be going again soon.

Room Tip: The King Spa Deluxe is amazing!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
@Shell223 – Thank you for the kind comments in regards to your stay. We truly appreciate the feedback and I love to be able to share it with our staff. I am glad you enjoyed the spa and the view and we are also hoping you have more time in the area when you return.

Lake Oswego, Oregon
Reviewed April 27, 2011

We needed a quick getaway to celebrate our 30th anniversary, so we decided on Newport Hallmark because it was not too far from us, Tualatin and because we had stayed and enjoyed the Canon Beach Hallmark previously. Our experience couldn't have been better. We booked the corner King Spa room with a fireplace and balcony ocean front view. Typical coastal rain was expected and very enjoyable from the comfort of our room.
Extra special attention was given to us due to our celebration; a clever 'message in a bottle' and Champaign on ice! (along with delivered flowers and chocolates waiting in the room from our sweet daughter). Can't wait to go again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2011
@Omnimach – First of all Happy Anniversary. 30 years is a fantastic milestone! I am glad you enjoyed the Message in a Bottle and the Champagne. We love to help our guests celebrate anniversaries, weddings, and birthdays so be sure to let us know when you are coming for a special occasion. Thank you for posting a review and we can’t wait for your next visit.

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed April 26, 2011

We have traveled all over the world. We have stayed in many lovely places. We return to The Hallmark, Newport over and over again because it captures the best of everything. The Limited Edition Deluxe Queen or King rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable, well decorated -- and they provide an unparalleled view. If you have a concern or a need, pick up the phone and the staff responds immediately. We are picky about the bed in which we sleep -- The Hallmark has excellent beds with well fitted sheets. Have you ever slept in a hotel with sheets that scrunch up under you -- NOT the Hallmark. We come to this hotel to rejuvenate. It's our very special home away from home. By the way, this is the first time I've ever written a review -- ever.

Room Tip: Sue is of terrific assistance.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
@Helen0745 – Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review and share your kind words. I am very glad you enjoyed the beds as we went through a lot of trial and error to find a bed that meets the high standards of our guests – and yes as you mentioned, that also applies to finding sheets that fit correctly. Thanks again for your comments and we will look forward to your world travels bringing you back to Newport soon.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Our family has stayed in many hotels around the Northwest. Our favorite (by far) is this hotel. It offers beautiful rooms at affordable rates. The staff is amazing! Everything we needed from advice on where to eat, to the need for an extra pillow, was met with a smile and warm enthusiasm with this staff. This is by far the cleanest and coziest hotel we've ever stayed in. We can't wait to return to the beautiful rooms and beach front views. Thank you Hallmark Resort!

Room Tip: Always always, get a remodeled room!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, April 18, 2011
@CKelly07 – Thank you for sharing your experience at Hallmark on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that your family has enjoyed your stays with us. We will be anxiously awaiting your next stay.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We made reservations online, in advance. We asked for one of the less expensive rooms. When we arrived into the room, it smelled terrible, to the point that we had to go back to the lobby and request a different room. Basically the same accommodations - same floor, queen bed - the second room was fairly clean and did not smell bad. There were candy wrappers under the chairs, though. I also wish they wouldn't have raised our rates, since the first room they assigned us was so blatantly unacceptable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank halfpintsea
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, April 6, 2011
@halfpintpdx -

I am very disappointed to hear that we did not deliver anything close to our usual level of guest service and room cleanliness. I would very much like to make this right and would love to hear back from you directly so that I can do so. My email is ric@hallmarkinns.com. Please accept my apology for all that went wrong and know that I will address these issues and take care of you as soon as I hear back.