Wow! Wow! Wow! Great place the Embarcadero Resort! They have a private floating dock you can fish and crab from for their guests. The crabbing was great! We were catching crabs over 7inches and limited out in 4 hours. Wow! It was great fun for the family and good eating too! (limit is 12 male Dungeness 5 ¾ “ or larger per day per person – you have to have a shellfish license if you are 14 yrs old or older). We saw a State Policeman give some people tickets for no licenses.
We had a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen so we were able to prepare our own dinner and save by not going out to eat. The Embarcadero has a place to cook your crabs by the dock so you don’t stink up the room. The room was comfortable and nicely decorated with a private bedroom for my husband and I a sofa sleeper in the living room that the kids slept on. It was very clean, though there were a couple of cobwebs up real high. The private deck overlooking the bay was nice too! Wow what a view! It was worth their normal price though we had a speical deal that was 50% off. Even though the resort was full we felt like we had our own space and privacy.
They appear to be doing a bunch of work throughout the resort! New restrooms for the pool area, we still were able to use the indoor pool which was loads of fun for the kids, though you needed to change in your room. There were temporary facilities thoughif needed. They were also renovating some rooms and replacing cedar siding on several of the buildings. Surprisingly we really did not notice any intrusive noise problems.
Right on the bay, the Embarcadero brings to life all the nature surrounding it. We saw several sealions, fishing boats coming and going, crabbing as I mentioned, several different types of birds (we saw over 100 pelicans flying over the resort), fog horns and bells, it was great and fun for the kids. We think we saw 16 different species including turkey vulters.
The employees were very friendly and accommodating! Nice people! They cared that we had a good time helping with crabbing instructions, rentals, and laws. Even gave us all kinds of information on the various sights and things to do, including discounts to the aquarium and what they call mariner square. The kids liked the Oregon State Marine Science Center best though with all the hands on exhibits. No fee but they ask for a donation to offset their costs. It is like a marine life OMSI.
We never used the restaurant! Sorry!
Our travel agent found this great deal of one night free if you stay two nights...they called it something like buy one get one free. I guess you can check out their web site for special deals though a travel agent can help with that too!
Great fun for us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Yaquina Bay in Newport Oregon - every well appointed guestroom has a Million Dollar view of beautiful Yaquina Bay. Full Service Hotel - with Restaurant, Lounge, Indoor Salt Water Pool and Spa, Crab Boat Dock and Boat Rentals, 4000 Square Feet of flexible Meeting Space with Full Service Catering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Embarcadero Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embarcadero Resort Newport
- Embarcadero Hotel Newport
- Embarcadero Newport Oregon
- Embarcadero Resort Hotel Newport, Oregon