Booked here for an overnight stay with my boyfriend in mid October.
The view way amazing. We had a deck view room and the hotel's position on Yaquina bay provides an amazing view of the water and bridge.
The rooms are pretty dated looking but I don't stay in hotels for the decor. The accommodations were perfectly adequate for my needs.
As I explored the amenities I made the mistake of opening up a draw that filled the room with an awful fish odor. I imagine someone must stuck some kind of sea creature in there and perhaps housekeeping didn't notice.
When I stopped by the front desk to describe my problem, the cheery front desk worker looked at my blankly. This annoyed me. I work the front desk at a hotel myself and a big part of the job is fixing problem or at least attempting. She explained she didn't know what to do and I suggested that maybe she let me have some air freshener. She agreed, but insisted that a maintenance man come and administer it.
Quite some time later, almost an hour a gentleman came and and sprayed a few spritzes and then one enormously long spritz (I assume it malfunctioned) and left a horrible heavy chemical smell in the room. It was better than the rotten sea food smell though.
We also walked down to the historic bayfront. It was a pretty decent hike but the hotel never advertised that it was right in the middle of things. It's closer to the working port part of the bay.
An important thing to remember is that the embarcadero is right on the water of a working Port so at night their is constant noise, ship horns in the distance seagulls and the very constant bark of seal lions. It's definitely not the hotel's fault but is worth noting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Yaquina Bay in Newport Oregon - every well appointed guestroom has a Million Dollar view of beautiful Yaquina Bay. Full Service Hotel - with Restaurant, Lounge, Indoor Salt Water Pool and Spa, Crab Boat Dock and Boat Rentals, 4000 Square Feet of flexible Meeting Space with Full Service Catering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Embarcadero Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embarcadero Resort Newport
- Embarcadero Hotel Newport
- Embarcadero Newport Oregon
- Embarcadero Resort Hotel Newport, Oregon