“The service we received was nothing short of absolutely amazing.”

Embarcadero Resort Hotel
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Tillamook, Oregon
“The service we received was nothing short of absolutely amazing.”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I took my wife there for a birthday/Valentine's day present to her and Ihad flowers delivered for a suprise to my wife. When the resort found out I was treating my wife to such a time, they up graded my room with no extra cost and also delivered a complimentary bottle of champagne with the flowers. We felt like royalty. Ok, mabe that's stretching it a bit, but I've seriously never been treated better at any other resort I've stayed in. I highly reccomend staying there.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank jaosi
Jeffrey V, General Manager at Embarcadero Resort Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear jaosi,
We are so glad to hear you had a great anniversary. thank you for choosing our resort to spend your romantic weekend at. Thank you so much for reviewing our property and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We just spent three nights in the Sunset by the Bay suite. Furnishings and linens were first rate, nice view of the bay and the bridge. The management was quick to respond when we couldn't get the bedroom heater to work. My only criticism is that there was too much light. There are light switches everywhere, but only the kitchen light had a dimmer. It would have been better to have soft lighting in the living area, and softer light in the bedroom for reading. Simple dimmer switches - or lower watt light bulbs - would be an easy fix. But I'm not complaining too loudly - we've already booked our next trip here.

Room Tip: Spend a little more and get a bay front (rather than bay view) room - you can watch the herons hunt...
Dear Guidosmom2014,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our resort. I appreciate all the positive feedback and thank you for bringing up the concerns with the lighting. I would like to let you know that we are taking your advice in regards to the dimmer switches. Thank you, that was excellent feedback for us to continue to grow to meet our guests needs. We are committed to comfort and making our bay front resort your #1 resort destination on the Oregon coast. I am thrilled to hear you had such an amazing weekend! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We rolled into Newport around noon and were looking for a nice place to say. We caught a sign on our way into town for the Embarcadero. We decided to check it out. I am very glad we did. We were instantly greeted by a young man with a great smile and firm handshake. He explained what he had available for rooms and highly recommended his specialty suites. We took a look at they are incredible. If we had the money we would have stayed in one of these units. We were also shown a few of their premium rooms and decided to stay in one of these nice units. We in D building. Craig our front desk guru recommended this building as one that has better views of the bay. He was right! Not only can you see the bay from this building but you can see the bridge too! It was perfect for a nice romantic night with the wife. We were upset we couldn't try their restaurant. Craig was quick to give us recommendations for several restaurants in the area. We ate at a few and had good meals at each. ( you can read these reviews as i post them.) All in all we got lucky and got some sunshine and some of the best front desk service on the coast when we stopped into the Embarcadero. The rooms are gorgeous and you just cant beat the sun in January. Until next time Embarcadero. Thank you.

Room Tip: Preimium rooms are only 10 dollars more than the standard ones. Choose premium.
1 Thank George L
George L,

We are thrilled to hear you were able to enjoy our amazing weather with us. We are fortunate to have a few such beautiful days here in January and such great guests to enjoy it with us. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to seeing you next time!
Sublimity, Oregon
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the resort portion which far outweighed the hotel portion as far as cleanliness, comfort, and amenities.
The room was comfortably warm, had a fireplace, and was large enough in the living space to have guests. The kitchen was a full kitchen and most needed kitchen items were supplied.
The view was disappointing from our room as it was the backside of other rooms with the bay seen in the distance.
We had to check in at another location which was inconvenient and, along with the lack of a great view, results in the four rather than five stars.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jeffrey V, General Manager at Embarcadero Resort Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
just1beth,

Thank you for the review, I are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your accommodations and had the opportunity to relax here at the Embarcadero. Our records indicate you stayed in a Vacation Internationale unit which is not associated with the resort as Vacation Internationale is a timeshare company that owns units at the Embarcadero Resort. I hope you had a chance to walk along Newport's Fisherman's Walk, that leads form our boardwalk to the historic bay front where many exciting gift shops and restaurants are located; only minutes form our front door. We very much appreciate the review and we eagerly await your next visit. Thank you for the review.
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed January 5, 2014

One of the best views for the money on the Oregon coast. The front desk was not very helpful and did not seem to care much about our needs. We were looking forward to eating at the hotel like the website said we could, but when we showed up we were told the restaurant was being remodeled. When we asked for a good place to eat we were not helped much at all.
Other than the lack of help at the front desk the stay was very nice. For the price I do not think it can be beat. The only other complaint I would have is the bed was like sleeping on a floor with a sheet placed on top of it.

Room Tip: "All rooms have great views"
1 Thank itsfengshui
Jeffrey V, General Manager at Embarcadero Resort Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear itsfengshui,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very excited about the restaurant's remodel, I'm certain you will find it is worth the wait. I apologize for the inconvenience of it's closure and I hope you will give us another try once we reopen mid-February. I am sorry you found our Front Desk staff less than accomidating and and the bed was too hard. I will pass this along to our Front Desk Manager and Executive Housekeeper to ensure this does not happen again. I would like to let you know this is not the usual level of service and comfort that we provide for our guests. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience, I would like to hear more about your stay in an effort to improve our service. You may reach me at 541-265-8138, I look forward to speaking with you. Again, thank you for the review. We look forward to your next stay.
Beaverton
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We live in Newport for many years and often ate at the restaurant in the Embarcadero. We had heard good things about the hotel so when we visited Newport in December we decided to stay there. (We now live in the Portland area.) I'm sorry to say that the lodging portion of the hotel is really old and tired. Our room did have a nice view of the bay, but the blinds in our room were broken and one of them was even missing altogether. Access to our room was via a very steep flight of very narrow stairs. Try that carrying a suitcase. Worst of all there was absolutely no lighting in the sitting-kitchen area so we had to make our morning coffee in the dark! We actually went to the local market and bought a flashlight. The hotel staff was very nice and they did end up giving us a discount on the price when they verified that there was no light in the sitting room. (The first time we told them this, they thought we were wrong.) I certainly would not recommend this hotel to anyone again and we will stay somewhere else next time we visit.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cpagal
Dear cpagal,

I would like to apologize for your poor experience. The condition of your room is completely unacceptable and below standards. I will personally be following up to ensure this issue does not reoccur in the future. I would like to let you know that we are now under new management and we are resolved to update/eliminate rooms that do not meet our guests very reasonable expectations. I am sorry that your experience was poor and I look forward to discussing it in further detail with you. Please contact me at Jeffrey@Embarcadero-resort.com or by phone at 541-265-8138, I look forward to resolving this for you. Again, my sincerest apologies for your experience.
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

So this review is long overdue. We got home from our three month long vacation a week ago. We traveled from the east coast to the west then back home here in colorado. This place stands out in our mind due to the great staff and location right on the beautiful bay. Starting with the staff Greg from the front desk was very helpful in getting us into the right room. He was also very helpful with helping us find our way around town and gve us great suggestions for restaurants very nice and professional. We ate at the Bridges Restaurant, and had a wonderful meal and view of the bay. The premium rooms are affordable and very nice. D building has a great view from the patio to enjoy the bay at sunset it was amazing and was a huge standout on our trip. Checkout was a breeze the Front Desk manager Kristi was very nice. Thank you Greg, Kristi, and the Embarcadero Resort for a incredible stay. P.S. there is a pool, marina, crab cooking station that we did not use but looked very nice.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelrawr
Dear travelrawr,

Thank you for one of the kindest reviews we have ever received. I will be certain to pass your appreciation to both Kristi and Greg. We are very fortunate to have such committed and caring staff at our resort. I am thrilled to hear you had such an amazing stay and that our resort had such a memorable impact on your trip. Your kind words are very much appreciated and we cannot wait to see you again. We are sincerely thankful.