If you want a view of the ocean or easy access to the beach DO NOT STAY HERE. A view of the bay and a view of the ocean are very different things. A small bit of the ocean is vaguely visible in the distance under a bridge. The bay looks like a lake with a ton of boats parked on it, and that's the view you get. There are tons of places in Newport that have real ocean views and are a 3 minute walk from the beach. Stay at one of them.
The room was terrible. Chipped drywall, ancient furnishings and decor abound. The TV was so old I actually thought it was fun to switch channels around on a TV that was made in 1989. Once the novelty of that wore off I was just incredibly disappointed. The bed and pillows were old, squishy and uncomfortable. I was enraged upon entering the room and if we had more time I would have found us a room elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Yaquina Bay in Newport Oregon - every well appointed guestroom has a Million Dollar view of beautiful Yaquina Bay. Full Service Hotel - with Restaurant, Lounge, Indoor Salt Water Pool and Spa, Crab Boat Dock and Boat Rentals, 4000 Square Feet of flexible Meeting Space with Full Service Catering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Embarcadero Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embarcadero Resort Newport
- Embarcadero Hotel Newport
- Embarcadero Newport Oregon
- Embarcadero Resort Hotel Newport, Oregon