“Great cinnamon rolls”

Chalet Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great cinnamon rolls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I always try the cinnamon rolls everywhere I go and these were really good. Denver omelet was ok didn't care for the steamed eggs. Services was good and prices weren't to bad.

Sechelt, Canada
“Consistently Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Now there is one dining experience you cannot afford to miss in Newport, Oregon and that's the Chalet Restaurant & Bakery across the street from Fred Meyer. No matter how many times we've eaten there they've been consistently great! The salads taste like they were just picked out of the farmer's field. The customer service is friendly and efficient with little waiting for your menu selection. The desserts are fresh made and varied. ....and if you're real curious and can spot it, ask about the Ace of Spades stuck to the ceiling.

• Visited July 2014
Roseburg, Oregon
“Service was awful”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

The service was awful at this place. Took forever to even get some water. Had to ask the hostess to get someone to take our order after sitting there forever. Our waitress never came around to see if we needed anything - again we had to ask the hostess for some more coffee and water. After the meal, which was okay but nothing to write home about, again we sat forever with no sign of our waitress. We had to flag down some other waitress to tell her we'd like to get our bill so we could leave. Again that took forever to receive. Definitely one of the worst services we've ever had. I wouldn't recommend it.

• Visited July 2014
Pendleton, Oregon
“Quick lunch stop ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

The service was good and the food was decent for the price. The shrimp was not great but the omlet with coffee cake and hash browns was delicious!! My husband had a Swiss cheese and onion burger which was good but a little small for him. Some of us had clam strips with fries which was what you would expect for the price. The best food here was breakfast and desserts for sure . Overall we were happy!

“I wish we could go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

My husband and I were traveling along hwy 101, from seattle, Washington to coos bay, Oregon...after flying in that morning from St. Louis Missouri! Needless to say, we had a long day of driving while we were leisurely sight seeing (our first trip without our children so we had no time crunch). Using the wonders of technology, I started searching "places to eat in Newport" before dinner rolled around. After seeing some great reviews & pictures of delicious home cooked type meals...I knew we had to stop here! My husbands first impressions when we pulled in weren't that great but I told him "meh, it'll e an adventure!" Haha. It started off rocky, as service was a little slow (shift change maybe? The waitress was a little new? Who knows)...but as soon as we placed our order, our food seemed to appear quickly and the waitresses didn't miss a beat! The salad, first off, was probably the freshest salad I've EVER been served (my exact words were "wow, this is pretty!"). No sign of brown, soggy, or frozen lettuce. Then my entree of country fried steak & baked potato came out along with my husbands pot roast came. My gosh. My husband can a food snob, and nothing beats his moms cooking but the look on face after his first bite was priceless. He said it was the best pot roast he's ever had! Mine was delicious as well but the fresh fruit garnishing my plate was to die for. Haha. Watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple...it was all perfect, sweet, fresh...it was the best fruit I've ever had. We had no room for dessert but we knew if dinner was THAT good...we HAD to take something from the bakery for the road. We chose some German chocolate cheesecake! Unfortunately, we had a minor accident involving melted ice in our cooler so our cheesecake was ruined before we could even try it (insert my husband cursing at his misfortune). We need more places like THIS in the Midwest! I'll take it over bob evans or overrated Cracker Barrel ANY DAY. When asked what the highlight of our trip to the Pacific Northwest was...my husband said "pot roast" and the least exciting..."ruined cheesecake"

• Visited June 2014