“Consistantly Good”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The Chalet is our most visited restaurant when in Newport. Our favorite meal is the turkey dinner. The food has always been good, but the best part is always the PIE! Sometimes we go just for that. My favorite is their strawberry rhubarb and my husband loves the blueberry. The service is good and the servers friendly. A great family place.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

If nothing else, this is the place to stop for a piece of cake or pie. Excellent! The food is pretty average, but certainly not bad. Service is pretty slow, so don't go here if you are in a hurry! The Chalet is centrally located and eSy to find. I hear breakfast is very good, though I have never eaten it. Lunch and dinner, are okay. Overall, a decent place to stop and eat. And don't forget to get dessert!,

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I hoped for a wee bit better. The fellas were very happy with their waffles. My hashbrowns were a bit cold and undercooked and my pancakes, well I was hungry so I ate them. The staff was very nice. Our waitress was awesome!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

So our family of 6 trekked into Chalet for breakfast. From the time we walked in, til the time we left, we were treated great. The food was good, the service was great and the overall experience was top-notch
The baked goods were some of the best we have ever had.

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

This is the third time we've stopped here, and we'll probably make it a habit on our coast trips. Service is always excellent, food dependably good. If you want plain American diner-type food with an expanded dessert list, this is the place.

1  Thank bend395