“RESTAURANTS”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Service was excellent, price`s were very good, seating was a little tattered but my butt did`nt mind,the food was very very good. I had pancakes and steak & eggs done perfect. my wife had a belgium waffle with strayberries, It was yummy I tasted it.Prices were very very good. that with drinks, & water without asking. came to less then $20.00. very good selection on menu. Will always stop at this place again. waitress was one of the best i have been served by.

1  Thank CHUCK H
There are newer reviews for Chalet Restaurant & Bakery

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Like several other reviewers, we had been to the Chalet last year & loved it. We ate there multiple times and were very pleased with the service and food. This year, we were very disappointed with our dining experience there. In their defense, we arrived for dinner around 7 pm, which is kind of past supper 'rush'. The service was very slow, even though the restaurant was not busy. The food wasn't 'fresh'. It is definitely a family friendly place to eat, and the portions are still a good size. However I would check reviews closer to the time you are going to be in town before eating here, as it seems to fluctuate between great & 'meh'.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I ordered the meatloaf and it was extremely good. For dessert, I ordered fresh peach pie. It was the best I ever had! It was the last week the peaches were in season.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had a wonderful breakfast at the Chalet and I recommend it highly. My waffles were very crisp and scrumptious with Marionberry topping.The homemade peach pie was to die for. There was no waiting and we were seated immediately. This restaurant is located on the main drive through Newport so it is very convenient.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Cute little restaurant located on the north side of Newport. Excellent breakfast menu. Good portions and a good selection of other items during the day. Good Clam Chowder. They sell homemade pies that are delicious. Many times. there is a slight wait for a seat, since it is so popular. Service is good and the staff is friendly and accommodating.