“A hearty breakast”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Nice cheery clean place. Wait service was prompt and courteous. The waffle was excellent as was the ham and the sausage patty. The only compliant I had was my sunny side eggs. It is rare they are cooked properly. I am convinced I should just go into the kitchen and cook them myself. My wife loved the biscuits and gravy. The Marionberry jam was outstanding, as was the strawberry jam. We ate breakfast there twice. Both times the foodand service were good.

1  Thank thomas29144
There are newer reviews for Chalet Restaurant & Bakery

Reviewed May 11, 2012

We discovered this place on our recent vacation to Newport, Oregon. Having never been to Oregon before, we were pleasantly surprised how nice this place was. We sampled several of their pies and enjoyed everyone of them; we bought several whole pies and enjoyed them also.

1  Thank davidandjudi
Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

I have been to the Chalet many times and I have always had the best service. The wait staff were friendly, prompt, attentive and accurate. The food is always fresh. Nothing is ever "from a can." My favorite is the Marionberry roll ups. The desserts are also top notch.

1  Thank TommyToons
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This restaurant has good Americana style food for all meals of the day. There are lots of pie choices. They have good specials.

1  Thank CoastKat
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My son, husband and I were in Newport for dinner. The staff was good but they need to work on their weak spots. All our food was cold except the fish in our fish n chips. I spoke with a manager about this and he went above and beyond to make it right.

1  Thank Stephanie P