“Best clam chowder in Newport”
Review of Nye Beach Cafe

Nye Beach Cafe
Ranked #10 of 111 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Bradenton, Florida
“Best clam chowder in Newport”
Reviewed September 3, 2014

Don't miss the homemade clam chowder and fruit pies. Beer and wine available too, but limited selections. Comfortable and friendly staff.

Visited August 2014

Eugene, Oregon
“Mediocre food, poor service. ”
Reviewed September 3, 2014 via mobile

I ate at Nye Beach Café with friends yesterday for brunch. My friend and I ordered crab cakes and eggs. My other friend ordered potatoes and eggs. Both of my friends ordered coffee and I ordered tea. We specifically asked for sugar, but the waitress did not bring it. We asked two more times before she brought a handful of artificial sweeteners and three packets of sugar. When we asked for water she brought one glass of water to the table. The crab cakes were not particularly tasty and contained fairly large pieces of crab shell in them. The hash browns, on the other hand, we're delicious and the bread was homemade and fresh. Their homemade jam was delicious, but when I asked if the cafe had jam for sale, the waitress replied "she is barely able to keep up with the amount needed for the restaurant." I'm assuming that she was talking about the owner. This seemed like an unprofessional reply, but it matched her service which was slow, unprofessional, and unconcerned. There were only two other tables (four people total, who were already finishing up) in the restaurant, but the service was very slow and the food mediocre and overpriced for the quality. I will not return.

“Must have again!”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

This is the best breakfast I've had in a very long time! I just might fly from Texas just to eat here again. The huevos rancheros are to die for, and the caprese omelette was fabulous!

• Visited August 2014
“Yum!”
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for breakfast. Delicious, quality food. Great service! Small cafe with pleasant atmosphere. The staff is friendly and attentive. Food cooked to perfection. Coffee is good. Walking distance from nearby oceanfront motels.

Lubbock, Texas, United States
“Always Fresh and Locally Sourced Food”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Proprietor Judy is committed to use the best, natural and locally sourced ingredients for all her menu items. There's fresh made bread everyday and many wonderful specials and surprises for the breakfast and lunch diner. We've been back every time we travel to the Oregon Coast and Newport.

• Visited August 2014