“Favorite Breakfast in Newport”
Review of Nye Beach Cafe

Nye Beach Cafe
Ranked #10 of 111 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
yachats
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite Breakfast in Newport”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Don't expect fast food here. It's homemade & delicious. My favorite is the Huevos Rancheros. Yummy polenta & black beans, eggs anyway you want them covered with guacamole & salsa. I like them with the corn tortillas & an occasional flour tortilla. The portions are generous & I sometimes make 2 meals out of it depending on my appetite. They have an interesting display of artwork & it's a cozy space. Oh, good coffee too. That's a must. The servers are friendly & so is the owner Judy. And they keep it affordable which is a plus.

1 Thank katy k

“Outstanding food! Wonderful people”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We've been there many times, sampling specials as well as meals off the menu, and everything had the sophisticated taste tinged with the homemade. Everything tastes so decadent and healthy at the same time, and everything is made by Judy, the owner/operator and not shipped in. We go there every time we head to Newport. Special note; the prices are amazingly low.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Richard S
Newport, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Welcoming neighborhood cafe”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The food is reliably excellent and caters well to locals and tourists alike. We generally come for breakfast and I'm a big fan of the breakfast burritos as well as the biscuits and gravy. The food is freshly prepared, and the staff is always super responsive and friendly. Recently, Judy added a pulled pork sandwich as a lunch special and I was blown away by the excellent flavor. The meat was tender and the sauce had just the right amount of spice and tanginess, with a homemade coleslaw on top. I begged her to add it to the regular menu. Keeping my fingers crossed! This is a hardworking crew who put a lot of love in the food. Keep up the good work!

1 Thank mele2go
“Gluten free greatness!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I only recently discovered I needed to remove gluten from my diet and it has not been easy finding restaurants to eat. Nye Beach Market has filled that need! They bake their own gluten free bread that is delicious. Today I was able to have a bowl of clam chowder because their recipe is gluten free. Never would have guessed! It's some of the best chowder I've ever had! Try this place and you will love it!

2 Thank Toledoteacher
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Breakfast? Service beyond hopeless.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Food is tasty; service is glacial. Place was 20% occupied, at 9 AM on a Saturday. Food took a millennium to arrive.

2 Thank PJPILOT