“Good for Hippies”
Review of Cafe Mundo

Cafe Mundo
Ranked #20 of 111 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Portland, Oregon
“Good for Hippies”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We always visit when we're in Newport.
Funky atmosphere, lots of interesting art about.
Mostly adults but of all ages. Open mic isn't too loud.
Good beer.Healthy food.

Visited August 2013

washington dc
“Terrific food after a long bike journey”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Quirky in a great way, I walked in and said "why oh why can't we have places like this in DC?" Great food (very healthy AND very very tasty), generous portions and warm service. I wanted four things on the menu, it all looked so good. I wish we had gone back for dinner! Sit by the window and enjoy the breeze from the ocean in the distance.

Plano, Texas
“Very eclectic, fun place to eat.”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Our relatives who we are visiting are Vegans. They had been preparing dinner for us the last 2 nites so we offered to take them to dinner they suggested Cafe Mundo. We sat upstairs and drank beer and wine which was delicious. My Wife and I had the fish tacos,I liked them she didn't. My vegan friends ate sushi and salads. It was a Saturday nite and there was a band, playing old time music, big band stuff with a lady singing. I felt like I was at a wedding reception. People were dancing and having a great time. The music seemed out of place in this place but it worked. I enjoyed myself and liked my time there.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Rick B
Seattle, Washington
“Funky and good”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Cafe Mundo is what brings my wife and I back to Newport. We love the funky atmosphere and the food is wonderful. Plan to sit and enjoy for awhile. You should be relaxing in Newport. It is worth it.

La Grande, Oregon
“Last Night in Newport”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

After reading the reviews and checking out the menu, we decided to stop in at Cafe Mundo. We both ordered the Albacore Burgers, which we were told had been purchased from a fisherman they'd been working with for years. Burgers came with a salad side. The tuna was great! Flavor and texture was appetizing and we both enjoyed our meals. Service was average, but our server was very nice. The location itself was very eclectic and fun. We would visit again should we make it back to Newport.

1 Thank MaryH2003