“Always Great Food & Service”
Review of The Coffee House

The Coffee House
Ranked #14 of 114 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The best breakfast in town
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We have stopped here many times on our coastal adventures. Usually for coffee and breakfast. Always great food and lots of it. The fresh squeezed OJ is wonderful. Home made breads are yummy. The pan fried oyster breakfast is a must for oyster lovers.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Get in while you can; this place is very small. They serve McLaughlin's coffee (from the San Francisco Bay Area, but don't hold that against them!) and it's absolutely, incredibly, amazingly good. Although we passed on the pastries, they looked like sugary mounds of pure HEAVEN. HUGE PORTIONS of food! You will NOT leave hungry! We had Italian Sausage and Eggs for brekkie, served with home fried potatoes. That banger was a monster, served with house made tomato sauce and thick shavings of fresh parmesan cheese. SO wanted to come back and try other items on the menu for both breakfast AND lunch. And did I mention the pastries? They deserve another mention. Look for the place with the coffee pot painted on to the roof!!!

1  Thank flyinglady1
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Was recommended by friends and was good intel! Small place but worth the wait. A little loud. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

This place won my heart and taste buds.
We were walking along the Newport water front one misty Monday morning, enjoying all the boats and smells of a harbor, looking for a breakfast house. Everything was pretty sleepy and my phone was out of juice so we actually asked a local walking by where to eat. (SHOCK! ask someone that lives here? I wouldn't of thought that one up, all credit goes to my hubby) They suggested we go to "The Coffee House" Oh boy were they right on.

When we walked up to it, my hubby got cold feet due to its somewhat shoddy appearance, but I grabbed his arm and muscled him in. We were surprised by the fact there were two guys running the place, one front house and one back. Even so, they were working like a well oiled machine. He took our order, we sat down at a little table with a view of the boats and got served an incredible breakfast in no time.

I had the fresh crab omelet with steamed asparagus and a dill cream sauce and Parmesan cheese. OUT OF THIS WORLD! Hubby got the last order of razor clams and eggs. OUT OF THIS WORLD! Both plates were served with biscuits and potatoes that I bet were good but I was too busy with that omelet to let you know. I will dream of that omelet on days when I need a good food thought. Wish I live any where near that place and I would try everything!

1  Thank Ziabaki
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The food is awesome. It's right off the harbor and if you want to see sea lions, they're just down the road. Cute shops along the street. Highly recommended!!!!!

1  Thank Amanda E