“Electic gem”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The food was great. Atmosphere funky - you eat surrounded by books, which are for sale. There was a guitar playing singer there the night we were and she was good. A memorable and good evening.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Everything is homemade here; authentic Italian from an east coast family. Atmosphere is cozy and intimate, but casual and comfortable. Live music is offered most nights, so check out who's playing. Have loved everything we've tried so far including the manicotti, pasta with pesto sauce, seafood lemon alfredo, and chocolate orange cheesecake.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I tried this restaurant expecting a meal and experience desscribed by the reviews. We were very disappointed. The food was not very good. A glass of wine was$7.75!! The music was fine but did not fit the Italian Theme. If you are looking for Stouffer's Lasagna this is a great place to get it!

6  Thank FRANKLYN96
Reviewed September 25, 2012

All-you-can eat one night a week, and the homemade sauce is just excellent - tangy without being too overpowering. Last summer I stopped in for their lasagna, and that was quite good too. Plus there's been live music both times - local artists make you want to linger longer over your food and drink.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We picked Green Gables with the hopes for good food and a fun atmosphere. We were only in Newport for 24 kid-free hours so this was our one dinner out. We were not disappointed!

The atmosphere was great, we arrived just after 6:30pm and the live music had just started. Clean Slate I believe. There was one table left and we were seated immediately. Our server was lovely and brought drinks right away. I had the house white, we both had water too. My wine glass was filled almost to the top!! No little half glasses here!

I ordered Angel hair pasta with marinara and added the big shrimp. My husband ordered penne with meat sauce. Our order came with salads and house baked garlic bread which were both really good. I'm a ranch dressing snob and am happy to report that theirs was too notch.

Our food arrived and it looked and smelled good. Both plates piled high--I even got 7 huge shrimp instead of the normal 6! And the were really big, perfectly cooked and tasted very fresh. Very much worth the extra money.

Our server checked in on us a few times and kept our glasses full. I gave them four stars in this area instead of five because it was a little slow but they were packed and with everything made fresh it was to be expected. Very much worth the wait! I had been jonesing for pasta with shrimp and read a ton of menus before coming, the price was a steal for $16 with salad and bread included. Our total bill was $38 and worth every penny!!!

We will DEFINITELY be back! :) Our new favorite coast spot!