“Yummy bread pudding!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Yummy bread pudding!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Parked on the street to go eat at Nan's Irish pub. Walked down one block to see the beach, on the way back decided to eat at the Chowder Bowl. Good cup of thick chowder, really good battered fish - has a thicker cornmeal batter. Fish sandwich came with two large pieces of battered fish and coleslaw. Bread pudding was nice and warm also ordered a scoop of ice cream and that made it perfect! Food came out fast and the waitress was really nice.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank E D

Gold Canyon, Arizona
“Over rated”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in today for a burger and clam chowder. The chowder is way over rated. It was basically potato soup with no clam flavor at all. Have had better chowder at Newport Cafe, Mo's and Flynn's Steakhouse in Albany Oregon. The burger was okay, but was dry as there was no condiments and ketchup was the only thing on the table.

So Ponte Vedra Bch
“OMG Awesome”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have tried all the Clam chowder I could find on the Oregon Coast and this has the BEST chowder you can find. I have family here and this place is consistently good. All clams and no filler potatoes.
The cup is plenty and the bowl come in a round loaf of bread and is HUGE. Fried clams and steamers are off the hook. Great service and very reasonable prices. Do not miss this place, you will never go anywhere else for your chowder.

1 Thank Lynne_judy
Gladstone, Oregon
“Fish and Chips big enough to share”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Really enjoyed this place for a late lunch. I ordered cod fish and chips and my wife ordered fried oysters and chips. We were surprised when our orders came, as we literally received "chips" not fries as we usually expect. They were thin slices of potatoes, deep fried and seasoned. They turned out to be very good. WE also were not expecting the batter to have some type of corn meal added to it. Although tasty, it did make the fish have a crunchy, hard shell to it. I ended up removing the batter and eating it separately after the fish. The batter had a tendency to overpower the beautiful fish flavor, so was better eaten alone. We shared a bowl of clam chowder as an appetizer and it was really the best I have ever had. Full of clams and just the right consistency for us. It was delicious. Next time we go there, I will order a bowl of the chowder in a bread bowl and share a few bites from my wife's luncheon plate.I will go back and I will recommend it to my friends.(Besides, the ambiance if neat)

2 Thank STEVEGD118595
Florida
“Ate too much.”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The chowder in a bread bowl was excellent. My son loved the round fries and my wife loved the fish & chips.

Visited June 2014