“Great Lunch Stop!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My daughter chose this place for lunch, recalling a lunch we'd had there in the spring. I forgot how good the foods is. My fish in the fish and chips was exquisitely fresh. Her cup of chowder and Caesar salad were fresh and very tasty.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have sent a number of people to this restaurant with the comment that it has great clam chowder and excellent food. Unfortunately, I can continue to recommend the chowder but changes to their ways of preparing food leave me greatly disappointed. One of my favorites, their scallop and fries is long gone off the menu. I asked and was told that the scallops are too expensive now. OK, I was fine with that. I now often order the shrimp and chips, as I did today. Instead of the large hand breaded and fried shrimp I had gotten in the past, I got seven of the oval flat commercial breaded shrimp that you can get cheap at the grocery store. I asked and that is what they plan to serve from now on. Sorry, Chowder Bowl. I will no longer recommend anything but your chowder and chili.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had a delicious lunch. We have been to 3 places for chowder since arriving in newport. This by far was the best in town.

Our server was great. He was prompt, friendly and knowledgable.

Great place for lunch in the cute nye district.

1  Thank Amy T
Reviewed October 19, 2013

During our week vacation on the Oregon coast, we were in search of a really great bowl of clam chowder. Everyone in this area seems to boast of having the "best" or "award winning" chowder & we thought a place with the name of Chowder Bowl would have to specialize in making great chowder, well... I wasn't all that impressed with the chowder, I know taste is very subjective & many other reviewers really like it, but for us it was just o.k. & I've definitely had better, but the service was very good. We only had the big chowder bowls so I can't speak of the rest of the food. The place is on a strip with nearby cute boutique shops worth a visit & though you can't see the view from inside the restaurant, you are just down from the beach & can see it directly outside. If we had more time, we may have gone back to try their other food items, but we left still searching for really great clam chowder.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We enjoyed the great service we received for lunch, which included some very yummy clam chowder! It was a bit crowded and we had to wait in line, but it went pretty quickly, and once we were inside we really liked the warm friendly welcome as well as the food!

1  Thank Marci B