“Best Chowder On The Coast”

Chowder Bowl at Nye Beach
Ranked #5 of 109 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vancouver, Washington
“Best Chowder On The Coast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

My wife—something of a chowder fanatic—rated their chowder the best she's had. I had a cobb salad that was fresh, delicious and enormous.

Visited April 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Not bad, got it to go”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I needed to get our food to go. We ordered fish and chips and then shrimp and chips. They both were pretty good. The chips are real potato chip fries, not potato chips. They were a nice change. They were pretty busy when I went in but it wasn't hard to order to go.

Union, Oregon
“Good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had fish and chips and clam chowder. Chowder was good but nothing special. Same with the fish and chips. The fish was good. The chips were just that, round small potatoe slices. Service was very good. Would we eat here again? Maybe, but I think there are too many other places to check out that are just as good or better.

Gig Harbor, WA
“Waste of Calories”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Worst Chowder I have EVER had. I am a native NW and live in the Puget Sound area. You guys need to learn from Ivars...or my mom...or 98% of other places I have been to. Chowder was pasty with a big pat of butter on top to try and cover up the taste. The fish & chips were heavily breaded & greasy, chips were cold. The best part of our entire meal was the cheese bread.

Nevada
“Disappointing lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We ate here at my parents' request (we were treating) but we really were not impressed. The fish and chips and clam strips seemed greasy, the oil should have been hotter. The shrimp in the croissant shrimp sandwich had no sauce or dressing, just a pile of bay shrimp, a lettuce leaf, and 2 tomato slices with a side of tarter sauce. The staff was very nice though.

Visited April 2013