“Some of the best seafood on the Oregon coast”

Local Ocean Seafoods
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Ocean Seafoods is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 111 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Vancouver, Washington
“Some of the best seafood on the Oregon coast”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Great service and awesome food. My wife has never liked Crab until she tried the Crab soup here.The food doesn't get any fresher or tastier than this.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Derek L

Keizer, Oregon
“fresh fresh seafood and friendly service”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Loved the fish tacos, with just a nice bite of spice, and the wraps. The salads are crisp and fresh. The restaurant has a nice waterfront view and is bright and airy. On warm summer days, the windowed doors are rolled up and a lovely sea breeze riffles in. Highly recommended!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Nancy O
Palo Alto, California
“Typical seafood joint”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Driving up from the Bay Area CA on our 5 day camping trip my thoughts were constantly on dungeness crab. It's not that I cannot purchase this at home, but something about being so close to the ocean and to source made me want it even more.

I ordered the crab and it was very good but I did not expect anything less because I already knew what it tastes like fresh. Other things that came with this meal I cannot even remember which says it was average and nothing I cared to remember. So so bread.

Service was average. Nothing super but nothing poor. The price was a little high for the location. Wait was something like 20 minutes for dinner. I rate this place 3 1/2 to 4.

• Visited October 2013
Portland, Oregon
“The best dining experience for dinner in Newport, Oregon”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have visited Newport many times and in the past, the rather distant past, I favored the no longer existent The Whale's Tale. Local Ocean Seafoods not only fills this culinary vacancy but offers a far superior range of fresh seafood than was available at The Whale's Tale. Although the surroundings are a bit rough, more seafood raw bar than dining room, the excellent food, superior service, and fair price more than make up for such a "deficiency." However, the ambiance is worth keeping in mind. If you are hoping for a romantic and intimate dining experience Local Ocean Seafoods is not for you.
The restaurant also operates a fish market on site for those who wish to prepare a seafood dinner at home.

• Visited October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Worth a detour off I-5!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Local Ocean Seafoods does not need anyone helping send people their way because the place is packed. Of course, it is tiny and that adds to the difficulty in getting a table. We were on our way from Portland to Bandon and decided to take the Pacific Coast Highway. Luckily we decided to stop at Newport for lunch and immediately saw a crowd around Local. We were told they had a 30-45 minute wait and texted us when our table was ready. In the meantime we walked about the charming harbor and took in the sites of the spectacular WPA-built bridge. The food was amazingly fresh. One friend had the fish and chips, another had salmon salad and I had the crab po'boy. All were exceptional. On our return trip to Portland we timed our lunch stop to enjoy Local again! We were lucky to arrive just as they were preparing fried oysters for a benefit that evening and were seated at the bar overlooking the kitchen. Not only did we watch them fry the huge amount of oysters, we watched them prepare our lunch. All three of us had the crab soup - not to be missed. I had the halibut special and it was definitely special. My friends had the crab po'boy because I had raved about it. Next trip to Bandon I'll definitely stop in Newport for lunch!

• Visited November 2013