“Oyster Heaven”

Local Ocean Seafoods
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Ocean Seafoods is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 116 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Truly, the oysters here are sooo good, they almost jump out for the bay to your plate here, if you`re an oyster lover, this is your place. The fennel salad is a perfect side. The wine and beer list are filled with wonderful choices of Northwest beverages.. I`m sure the other offerings here are also good and at some point may get around to trying to the catch of the day. Enjoy!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,307)

Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We loved it last fall and we still love it. Oysters were tender and delicious. Also had the crab cakes and loved them. It's a little pricey but we think it's well worth it. Long wait time for a table so we ordered to go to take back to our condo. Received our order in a speedy fashion. We love this place!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was not impressed with this place very small and cramped. NO KIDS MENU. DO NOT TAKE YOUR YOUNG KIDS HERE. The service was alright. Food was alright. I will not return.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I read several reviews of this place, and they were such a mixed bag we decided we needed to check it out for ourselves.

1) Yes, the food is pricey. It's fish. Fish is pricey.

2) We thought it was yummy. Mom had the Fishwife's Stew. It isn't cioppino, so the broth isn't the same as cioppino. But it was LOADED with seafood... crab, oysters, clams, scallops, prawns, shrimp. I had fish and chips. It was a single flat piece of fish coated in panko and fried. It was tasty and very flakey. It fell apart and was neigh on impossible to eat, even with a fork. I was disappointed that there wasn't more, but I am a bottomless fish and chips pit. For the price, even though it is fish, and even if the panko came from Japan, I felt there should have been more fish.

3) Yes, it is loud. It's a tall metal and glass building with a concrete floor. It echos. The upside of that: you could hear the people at your table, but the folks at the other tables were unintelligible. We have had to endure some pretty inane conversations from nearby tables at other restaurants, so this was a definite plus. Also, because it is a tall metal and glass building with a concrete floor, I was concerned about being cold. Not to worry. They have a heater hanging over you. Toasty.

It is nice to have a view of the marina and boat activity and the Newport bridge while you're eating. Our server, Ellen, was very attentive even though the place was packed (and it was a Sunday evening). We enjoyed their tasty selection of loose leaf teas - a real treat! We will definitely be eating there again.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I heard much about this spot, so we tried it out. Very fresh seafood. I had the Fisherwive's Stew. Good but not great if you're used to having really good Cioppino. The broth was not thick and rich like I prefer and had lots of tomatoes and celery, which I'm sure most folks are fine with. Just my personal preference and not a slam on Local Ocean. I just like thick, rich marinara broth with my seafood stews (Cioppino). Nice portions of seafood but mostly fin fish. My wife had the rockfish wraps and enjoyed it. I also ate the black cod---very good!