“Not to be missed”

Local Ocean Seafoods
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Ocean Seafoods is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 115 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have never, ever had such wonderful seafood, and I grew up in a seafood town (Boston) and now live in another (Seattle.) Hard to say what was best -- the shrimp and bean soup we shared as an appetizer, my kung pao shriimp, which was loaded with wonderful vegetables, or my husband's incredible Fisherman's Wife stew, the best seafood stew I've ever tried. I also wanted to eat everyone else's dinners. Really, this place is a seafood paradise. the view of the boats and bridge and the fast, efficient service just enhanced the amazing food experience, but I'd eat here if they were located in a closet and delivered food via snail mail.

1  Thank Bearwife

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Small place and very popular so expect a wait. But well worth it! In addition to a retaurant, it also sells fresh seafood. Very good staff!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Local Ocean Seafoods is excellent in every way! The food on our first visit was so delicious and so beautifully prepared and presented that we went back for a second visit the following night! Our server (I think her name was Margie--she was from Australia) was extremely friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable about the menu. We were especially impressed with the artistic presentation of the meals. If you sit at the counter or at the tables by the kitchen, you can watch the preparation. The restaurant is on the harbor at Newport, and in the warm weather you can eat outside. If you're anywhere near Newport, don't miss this one!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Good Food. Fresh and tasty. I have gone there several times and always have good meal. It is a nice change from the deep fried stuff elsewhere. Not for cold weather as it is really best as an open air eatery.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We loved this local spot for lunch! It seemed everyone else thought the same because there was a line to the door for lunch during the week. The short wait was worth it! We had fish tacos, fried oysters, and the rockfish sandwich was to die for!!! A definite must for lunch!!