“Fabulous views”
Review of Shilo Restaurant

Shilo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Shilo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 112 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: There is nothing better than the combination of great food, excellent service and convenience! The Shilo Restaurant and full service bar are located across from the Hotel Lobby. We serve a variety of Northwest favorites along with a wide-range selection of classic American dishes your whole family will enjoy. Walk-ins are always welcome, but feel free to make a reservation.
County Durham, United Kingdom
“Fabulous views”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

The views from the restaurant are fabulous and the staff were really helpful. We booked a couple of hours before so we could get a window seat to see the sunset and they made sure we got one despite a big demand. Our server Luke was very accommodating as the two of us who are snap happy got up and went outside to take better pics between courses. Oh and the food was lovely - I had the special - blackened salmon stuffed with crab and shrimp - really good.

• Visited July 2014
ShiloHotels, Assistant Director of Restaurant Operations at Shilo Restaurant, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Kvasirsblood,

Thank you for recently visiting our Newport restaurant and sharing your experience! I'm glad Luke was able to take such great care of you while you enjoyed the beautiful sunset. Thank you again and we hope you visit again if you are in the Newport area.

• Korean first
Salem, Oregon
“Best In Newport”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We recently held our family reunion at the Shilo and with all of our different family members it was a lot of work for me to arrange all the details, but Tiffany, the catering manager, made everything so easy! I have been the "planner" of our reunions in various locations for many years and never have I come across a more professional, accommodating and sweet individual. I am sure that I drove her crazy with all of my phone calls leading up to the date, but she was so patient with each request. Please give this woman a raise!

The space we had for our dinner was a gorgeous oceanview room that was perfect for the size of our family. My cousins from across the nation really enjoyed being able to see the lighthouse. The food was very delicious, which isn't always the case with "banquet food". Fantastic seafood! The service staff was so friendly and so professional. Most especially the tall gentleman, I believe his name was Luke. What a sweet guy!

Thank you so much Shilo for giving us a wonderful experience for our reunion! We will be back!

• Visited July 2014
ShiloHotels, Assistant Director of Restaurant Operations at Shilo Restaurant, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
HappyFeet279,

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful review! I am glad that Tiffany and Luke were able to contribute to your family reunion being such a success! Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the future!

SF, CA
“Poorest Service EVER!”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

View here is spectacular which one might appreciate if it weren't for the extremely long wait for everything. A table of 4 was seated 15 min after us and they were served, had eaten and where long gone before our first course was served. Husband got salad while I waited for chowder. Husband got salmon while I waited for crab cakes.We watched our waitress visiting with other staff for 30 min while waiting for our check. We finally pulled our credit card, left cash and walked past our server without her even looking up at us. Food was mediocre. Clam chowder was the worst I've had, a gloppy mess with huge chunks of potato, too big for the spoon. My husband asked that his salmon be undercooked and it was cooked dry. Crab cakes tasted like processed food from a freezer. When asked to taste a wine I was brought the whole glass as if that's what I ordered. We smiled and when waitress asked if food was OK, too worried about what kind of wait sending food back would entail. I'd get a deli sandwich and eat in my room instead of eating here. We went because it was walking distance from our hotel but will never make that mistake again. I do not recommend this restaurant unless you want to spend the evening waiting and are not Hungary.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank UJEM
UJEM,

I must apologize for what occurred during your recent visit to our Newport restaurant. I would like to apologize further, as well as discuss this with you in more detail. If you would, will you please contact me at laura.acton@shiloinns.com. Again, I apologize and hope to hear from you soon.

“Great lunch”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We went to lunch and our waitress was Maralee and it was just great. The food was amazing and service couldn't be any better.

• Visited July 2014
ShiloHotels, Assistant Director of Restaurant Operations at Shilo Restaurant, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Reptoid,

Thank you for submitting this excellent 5 star review. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you visit us again soon in the future!

Bend, Oregon
“HORRIBLE SERVICE”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The room was very nice, but the service was horrible! When we first arrived at Shilo Inn at Newport we were greeted and instantly judged by the man at the front desk, disrespecting my girlfriend and I about our tattoos. A great first impression from the staff.

Later that night we went to the restaurant and lounge to get some dinner. We walked in to be scowled by the lady at the front, like we were just wasting her time to even have to think about seating us. After we waited our turn to be sat, she carelessly walked us to are table, not saying a single word and just had a look of disgust for her job on her face, so pleasant. Once we sat down we waited for our server...and waited... and waited ... and waited. he finally came over, skipped over the specials, didnt mention anything about the bread and butter (that a busser eventually offered us) took our order in a rush and walked away. Once we got our order, clam chowder, and clam linguini, he tried to make up for his poor serving with some smart mouth response like "because you da man". Just disrespectful really, obviously we didnt leave much of a tip, especially since it wasnt even him who ended up taking our bill. As for the food, my girlfriend liked her chowder but my clam linguini was tasteless and spread thinly in a shallow bowl, not worth the cost.

Morning came and we decided since the cafe is in a different spot the the restaurant we would give it a shot and hope for the best. we were seated immediately much to our surprise, and with high hopes we sat down ready to eat... we waited at least 25 minuted with only a "i will be right with you" from what we guessed was our server... we walked out! We couldnt take the poor customer service or the fact there wasnt even a glimpse of hospitality.

Long story short, we will not be going back to the Shilo, from the rude old man at the front desk to the lack of human kindness in BOTH of the restaurants, the shilo may be "affordable" but "excellent" is a VERY long shot.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Zac S
Zac S,

FIrst, I must apologize for the unacceptable service you described in your review. This is not the Shilo standard of service and I am deeply concerned about the events you encountered. If you would be willing to discuss this matter with me in more depth, please contact me at laura.acton@shiloinns.com

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.