“Best Cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Shilo Restaurant

Shilo Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 109 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: There is nothing better than the combination of great food, excellent service and convenience! The Shilo Restaurant and full service bar are located across from the Hotel Lobby. We serve a variety of Northwest favorites along with a wide-range selection of classic American dishes your whole family will enjoy. Walk-ins are always welcome, but feel free to make a reservation.
Hutchinson, Kansas
“Best Cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

I recently went on a trip through Oregon. I absolutely love cafe's, so we stopped at the cafe at the Shilo in Newport for breakfast. I was very impressed! Not only was the food great, but everyone was very friendly. Our waiter was prompt, very good with my kids, and was very polite. We asked him for ideas on where to go and what to do while we were there, and he was very helpful. His name was Travis and he was excellent. I will definitely recommend this cafe to my friends.

• Visited May 2014
ShiloHotels, Assistant Director of Restaurant Operations at Shilo Restaurant, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Bdpowell1975,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback on Trip Advisor. I would also like to thank you for mentioning Travis and the prompt and personable service he provided. We hope you come back and visit us at the Café again soon!

• Korean first
Portland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ready for a second trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband first time at hotel and restaurant. Have to say it was delicious!!! It was one of our most enjoyable dinners. Everything was so good.. To the warm sour dough bread to the green bean appetizers to the cheesecake for dessert. The gal who served us was great and had been working for at least 12 hours cause someone didn't show up. She stayed positive and attentive. She got a big tip for her hard work. We enjoyed our whole expierence. Even our king size suite was perfect. Thank you.

1 Thank christina196914
christina196914,

We are very happy to hear that you and your husband had such a great first experience at our Shilo Newport location. I'm also pleased to hear that your server provided such an accommodating experience for you both. We hope that you join us again in the near future!

Seattle, Washington
“Service with a smile :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Myself, my husband and our kids visited the Shilo cafe for breakfast after staying the night in the hotel. We were greeted and shown to a table with a fantastic view of the beach (yes our room also had a view, but not as expansive). After pouring ice water and grabbing plastic cups for the little one's drinks, our server, Travis, took our order. Yes the place wasn't too busy but I was suprised how quick the food arrived. No more than 5min? And when I mentioned that my eggs were a little too runny, Travis promptly replaced them. Friendly and efficient, couldn't ask for more!

Allyapples28,

I would like to thank your for taking the time to submit this wonderful review and sharing the wonderful service that Travis provided. Please come visit us again soon!

Newport, Oregon
“Shilo Cafe is great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

I just happened to drive by the Shilo Cafe. Never really realized it was there. I was hungry, so I stopped in. I was seated by a friendly young lady who informed me she would be my waitress. Her name was Sandra. She made me feel welcome and she kept my coffee full! I had a Denver omelet. It was one of the best I ever had, very fluffy and stuffed full of ham! The prices were some of the best in town! I also had a chance to talk to the other girl that was working that day, her name was Sara. Also very friendly with a great smile. I will be stopping by again!

James M,

Thank you for this wonderful review! I will be sure to thank Sandra and the entire kitchen team for contributing to your pleasant experience! Please visit us again soon!

Jacksonville. FL
“understaffed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

I personally don't like to leave bad reviews, but we were highly disappointed of our experience. We are staying at the hotel, decided to stay in and have dinner downstairs. We were greeted, showed our table and given glasses of water while our server would be right with us...waited, waited, waited... not even acknowledged by the server. Menu looked good, just too few choices. After considering the choices and. the time we figured we would have gotten dinner, we just got up and left. Again, no acknowledgement from anyone. Very sad.
Walked over to Georgie's about a block down and had the best meal ever.

hardriderbabe,

I would like to apologize for the terrible experience you encountered during your recent visit to our Shilo Newport location. I will be contacting the restaurant managers to address the issues you described. If you would be willing to discuss this with me in further detail, please contact me via email: laura.acton@shiloinns.com.

My apologies,