“Average Breakfast”
Review of Shilo Restaurant

Shilo Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 110 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: There is nothing better than the combination of great food, excellent service and convenience! The Shilo Restaurant and full service bar are located across from the Hotel Lobby. We serve a variety of Northwest favorites along with a wide-range selection of classic American dishes your whole family will enjoy. Walk-ins are always welcome, but feel free to make a reservation.
Burleson, Texas
“Average Breakfast”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Nothing fancy, but I like my breakfast that way. I had bacon, eggs, and a biscuit. My husband had the biscuits and gravy and enjoyed it as well.

Visited October 2013
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Restaurant, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear BW00084,

Thank you for commenting on your recent visit to our beautiful ocean view cafe. I sincerely appreciate your taking time to provide valuable feedback. I am happy to see that we took good care of you during your visit and that you appreciated our breakfast selection. We hope to see you again in the future.

• Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Checked into Shilo after a very long day on the road Mike at the front desk checked me in, he was a very pleasantly happy and cheerful person. Dinned in the restaurant for dinner and cocktails April was my server, service was efficient and flawless. Thank you to all that treated me like I was right at home

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank derrick d
Dear Derrick D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. I’m very happy to know that our service meets your approval and it is for guests like you that make us strive toward excellent service and delicious food. Again … Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Denver, Colorado
“Great people, great atmosphere, a hidden gem of Newport”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I've had the pleasure of dining here several times. Being a hotel restaurant I think it tends to get overlooked by town vacationers unless they are staying at the Shilo Inn next door, but this place really deserves a personality of its own. I vote to rename it to SHILOUETTES, a dining experience with a great view! :) Really, the unobstructed ocean view with the large windows is a major plus. Combine that with the wonderful and warm personalities of the staff (kudos to Tarra and Bruce for making every visit memorable), and a menu with something for everyone with fair prices, and you have yourself a dining gem of Newport. There's also beach access stairs right next to the building which is convenient for an after dinner stroll. I definitely recommend this place, and will be back again and again! :)

3 Thank Amy S
Dear Amy S,

Thank you for the review and your frequent visits. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed Tarra and Bruce. They are definitely two lovely, caring people that strive for guest satisfaction. We enjoy our view and are really glad you had the opportunity to walk the gorgeous beach in front of the restaurant.

Thank you again for the kind review and your patronage. We will look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Newport.

Redmond, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Pleasant Breakfast”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed at the Shilo Inn and were given vouchers for $3 off our breakfast and their restaurant. We had a table by the window to enjoy the fabulous view. I think the decor of the restaurant may have been a bit ordinary but to be honest with a view like the one we had, we hardly noticed. I had the crab and shrimp omelet and it was delicious. My sister had eggs benedict and said it was very good - not the best she's ever had but good. Our server Sandra was very friendly and took good care of us! Overall our experience here was great.

1 Thank bellesgaga
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Restaurant, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Bellegasa,

We are so pleased you enjoyed your breakfast with us. Sandra is a joy to work with and a favorite with our guests. I will make sure she sees your praise.
The view here is phenomenal, and the changes in the weather this time of year creates an ever changing landscape. I enjoy it everyday, and hope you will return soon. The winter storms are fabulous.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“I'd go back again!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Whilst travelling in America I came across this amazing restaurant!
It was recommended to me by some locals, and it didn't disappoint.

The inside was nice, but to be honest I spent most of my time looking out the window, the restaurant has a stunning view.
I had the Parm Crusted Halibut, and it was SO good! I'm not even that into fish, but that was simply delicious! I'd travel back just for that meal.

My server was April (I remember because my niece is called that), she was really friendly and recommended the Halibut. I never felt rushed and was able to sit back enjoy the food and the view.
If I'm back in that part of the world, I'd certainly go back again.

2 Thank GWScotland
Dear GWScotland,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your kind review. We are so pleased you enjoyed both the food and April’s service. Hopefully you will have the opportunity to return to our part of the world!