“Outstanding meal!”

Panache
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Located in a home built in 1919, PANACHE has a warm and inviting atmosphere. 100 year old English pub tables add plenty of character to the dining room. PANACHE sources as much as possible locally, with the amount of local product growing month by month and uses only wild caught fish. PANACHE focuses on American cuisine that draws influence from all over Europe as well as other parts of North America. The wine list features over 40 Northwest bottles of wine. Wine is not the only diverse adult beverage as Panache also has a varied craft beer selection from light and easy drinking to dark and full of character. When Chef Zach was in Colorado he got hooked on craft spirits. PANACHE carries craft distilled spirits mainly from Oregon but a few from Europe and other US states as well.
Medford, Oregon
“Outstanding meal!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We went to Panache to celebrate a big day at our business. We had an outstanding meal from appetizers through to dessert. They had an excellent and wide selection of food and one of the best and most reasonably priced wine lists I have seen in quite a long time. All four of us really enjoyed the food. The ambiance was pleasant, with a nice fire in the fireplace, and reasonably intimate in the small dining room. The only minor negative was somewhat slow service - it seemed that one of our waitstaff was brand new and needed help from the other already busy servers. However, since we weren't in a hurry, this really didn't impact our evening. I would highly recommend, and would definitely return.

• Visited February 2013

Cheshire, Oregon
“New owner, Great food”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We recently enjoyed a meal at Panache and found a new favorite restaurant in one of our favorite Newport beach neighborhoods, Nye Beach. This restaurant has recently changed owners and revitalized it's menu. We both ordered Prawns stuffed with crab, delicious choice. Great ambiance on a stormy night, cozy dining room with fireplace and a very attentive and knowledgeable waitress. As much as we enjoyed our dinner entree, the desert menu was amazing, we couldn't decide on just one so shared Bananas Foster and Lemon curd Napoleon. Heaven on a plate! My only criticism would be that I'd like to see them update the exterior to reflect the excellent food and service offered inside, perhaps as word gets out about this place they can make it reflect the wonderful meals being created inside!

• Visited February 2013
Portland, Oregon
“How entertaining!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I used to be on the Oregon coast full time. When I do get back I am reminded that there are really good chefs out there that have been drawn to this beautiful beach. One of those is a younger new owner/chef at Panache.
The building has been a restaurant under various ownership over the past decade. The "new" Panache is simply a gem.
I dined with friends from the entertainment industry who travel the world, enjoying their fun with international flair, especially when it comes to cuisine.
Panache kept the dinner inspirational. The talent, dear reader, was in the kitchen that evening. Followed, of course, by an encore...the Panache dessert menu.
"We shouldn't" one said. "I cannot eat another bite" was heard. Yet...maybe...with multiple spoons attached? Ahh...good decision. Where's a piano???
No piano, but a warm fireplace, candles or intimate lighting at the tables. A server who seems like a dancer, as she alone handles the intimate living room-sized dining room.
A sampler of desirous soups, fresh silverware placed without even requesting, drinking glasses replenished, and our courses meticulously prepared. We shared, each ordering a different entree. The sauces, marinades, accompaniments, whatever you call them...the chef has them well matched to the palate. Same for their wine list.
You can find them, as we did, at their website. You will want to make a reservation, and they conveniently allow this either directly or by a reliable internet service.
Panache is walking distance to the Nye Beach "downtown", to the beach, and to many hotels. Given the Oregon weather...we were glad that they have a parking lot within steps of their entrance.
I hope that they replay that evening over and over.

• Visited January 2013
Portland, OR
“Fine dining by the fireplace”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great place to go for a special evening out. Excellent food, and sometimes unusual menu items like pheasant, just for fun. The ambiance is subdued and welcoming, and the staff friendly and efficient.

Visited January 2013
Ashland, Oregon
“My 70th birthday should have been special.”
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I give Panache a high rating, because my husband liked his clam linguini very much. However, I ordered rack of lamb medium. Because chefs vary in their interpretation of medium I explained that I like it light pink, not hot pink, and my husband added,"not bleeding". Well it arrived medium rare, and I sent it back. The second time it was hot pink inside and I had to send it back again. On the third try the chef got it right, but by that time my husband was through with his meal, and I had to eat alone. The chef did send a second dessert gratis, but this was not how I wanted to spend my birthday!