All reviews antique room lighthouse room western room themed rooms duraflame log depoe bay and newport oregon coast otter rock view of the ocean separate bedroom private deck a king size bed great view low tide sound of the waves the wi fi full kitchen
Selected filters
Reviewed October 13, 2018

Only stayed one night. It was nice to have a kitchen and full sized refrigerator, I'll remember that for the future as it's nice to have the option to cook, especially foods like freshly caught Dungeness crab.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Moolack Shores ... R, General Manager at Moolack Shores Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed the visit and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

Our room was beach front with beautiful windows overlooking the beach. The motel was going through renovation of rooms. Our room was recently done over. Very cute décor, beachy. Loved the closeness to beach and the ability to walk the beach easily. I will return again. Staff is exceptionally cordial and helpful.

Room tip: Definetly ask for a ocean/beach view.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your kind words and hope you will come back to see another one of the renovated rooms.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

This property has been there since the 50s and the new owner is renovating the rooms one by one. Our room had a hunting theme, lots of mementos of the outdoors. The bed was comfortable, the shower had lots of hot water. At the time we made reservation, animals were allowed. Upon arrival we found the new owners had changed the policy to no animals, but they honored our reservation as they did for the folks in the room next to us. You can’t get much closer to the ocean than this place and the view up and down the beach was spectacular. The manager does not live on the premises, so the office is not open 24/7. Our room was not one of the ones under renovation so it was a little shabby, but still comfortable.

Room tip: Rm #6 has a spectacular view, you can see Yaquina lighthouse from the small deck.
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us. We are so pleased you were able to come visit. We hope you will return after all of the rooms have been completed to see the changes for yourself. Thanks again.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

I was looking for a place that would be perfect for our family of five. I wanted something less expensive than the chain hotels, but not a dingy motel. I didn’t want to be in a parking lot (we visited Newport last year and stayed in a big box hotel surrounded by nothing but parking lots...) I like being able to see the ocean, and feel like it’s a beach vacation if we are visiting a beach town. Many of the places in Newport were out of our price range for what we wanted. I don’t even know how I stumbled across Moolack, but it was serindipitous. We stayed in the room with the two bunks built into the walls with porthole windows. My kids think they are pirates, so this essentially ensured that the whole trip was amazing as far as they were concerned. We had an unobstructed ocean view from the little deck and portholes- because this place in on a cliff overlooking the ocean. It’s picturesque and perfect. Beach access is a huge plus! We got to play on the beach easily. Our room was well equipped with a cook top, fridge, and microwave, with all the dishes etcetera that one would need for simple meals. That was perfect for us because there is no continental breakfast here so we brought cereal and milk. The room was clean and comfortable and so much fun. There are journals dating back from over a decade (or two) and lots of really great ship decorations. I don’t know what the other rooms look like though. When we entered the room it was a bit musty, but the air cleared up beautifully as soon as we opened the window and put the plug-in air freshener outside (I hate those things).The proprietors were very kind and helpful. They gave a great recommendation for pizza that delivered out there (I can’t remember the name, so sorry). All in all this was a really fun and comfortable place, we’re going to make it the go-to hotel when we visit Newport. We try to go every summer for the aquarium.

Room tip: The Nautical themed room with the portholes and bunks is perfect for a family with young kids, or the young at heart!
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us. We are so glad you and the family were able to come visit. we look forward to the next visit with you and the family.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

This was my third stay since the change in ownership and management and my first stay in one of the new rooms. I found the room to be beautiful. Management was incredibly responsive to a minor plumbing issue, and I feel incredibly lucky to know about this wonderful gem. My advice is that if you are looking for a modern place with lots of wifi bandwidth to play on your laptop or smart phone all weekend, you should probably hit one of the larger chains. If you want to unplug and appreciate a quiet and laid back experience, wrapping yourself up in the raw beauty of the Oregon coast, this is the place for you. :)

Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us. We are so glad you had the chance to come back and visit us again. We look forward to your next visit.