“Honestly awful...”

Champagne Patio
Newport, Oregon, United States
“Honestly awful...”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

My husband and I stopped by after taking a walk, he had passed it previously and thought it would be nice to take me there, I will say the one glass of wine I got there was delicious, the food on the other hand was awful we both got the daily special which was a pulled pork sandwich with maple bourbon beans and coleslaw, we also chose to get a cup of the french onion soup to start off with, my experience with french onion soup is supposed to be the soup with a slice of bread on top and mozzerella cheese, it was not, the soup was just ok, with a side piece of burned toast and a sprinkle of cheese...Then the lunch entree came it was a hamburger bun (toasted kind of burned) with a small amount of meat inside, very small and the bbq sauce was not at all good, then the baked beans were white, or possibly navy beans, some of the beans were undercooked because as you bit into them you would get a hard bite of a bean every few bites, and the coleslaw was awful, this small amount of food was $10.95 per plate, without the soup, that was an extra $3.00 which isn't bad for a cup of soup, but the sandwich on the measely bun was really pathetic, also they had very little else to choose from as the menu only consisted of a few items...Please don't watse your time, I did not hardly eat my meal, my husband ate all of his because he was hungry, and may I say still hungry after he left, I did take my meal with me, then we pulled into the Mcdonalds parking lot and threw away the box and purchased a sandwich there so I could eat something...Very bad food and quality of it was awful, the sauces try as they may to be distinct just ended up tasting bad...

• Visited October 2011

Oregon Coast
“Champagne Patio is back!”
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Joseph Swafford thought he had it sold and was into retirement - then he got it back! He cleaned it up, remodeled, restocked the wine shop and brought in Chef Erik from the Bay House. Needs some more wait staff but the food is divine and nobody in Newport knows "wine and dine" like Joseph & Christina!

1 Thank ddweller151
California
“Wonderful Wine Bar”
Reviewed July 26, 2010

The wines are reasonbly priced and Joseph is an expert on everyone we tried. Wine tasting, wine by the glass and wine bottle purchases. Highly recommended for someone looking for a nice quiet place to have a nice glass of wine.

1 Thank Grizzlyman
San Francisco, CA
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed August 30, 2008

The restaurant is open for Friday evening tapas which are actually small plates of non-Spanish food. There is an extensive collection of wines. On Fridays you can select any wine on the shelves to drink at your table without a corkage or or additional markup. They also have wines by the glass.

Setting is charming, looks out on the inner courtyard which has flowers and a nice feel. Don't be discouraged by the fact that it's in a minimall (Towne Seaport?) off of 101. It is quiet and peaceful in the restaurant.

Food was outstanding. We had one of everything on the menu. All of the dishes are small plates and each one was presented and arranged beautifully. Standout dishes included the flatiron steak with heirloom tomato chutney; lamb shoulder with beets, arugula, and blue cheese; cabbage stuffed with veal and sausage; ravioli stuffed with mushrooms, leeks (?)--very delicately flavored, same with the broth; cheese plate with artisan cheeses and local fruit. It seems like the menu changes each time as the owner was just printing it up when we walked in during the late afternoon.

Go and enjoy!

midvalley OR
“Paradise improved for wine lovers”
Reviewed August 25, 2008

the new owners have abolished the corkage fee! This is truly a gem for the Oregon coast- excellent food and a terrific wine selection to accompany your meal.