“Not horrible. Not fab either”

Flashbacks Fountain & Grill
Ranked #78 of 113 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here on way north to Tillamook. Didn't read reviews until already seated. Wasn't as bad as what some ppl said. Seated promptly. Courteous server. Ok food. Was a little pricey for what you got. But this is prime tourist area. Prob wouldn't come again. Just as good food across street at McDonald's without the cost.

There are newer reviews for Flashbacks Fountain & Grill

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We walked in and it was a nice, clean fifties style restaurant which was nice. The burger was okay. But the fries were bad, a soggy mess. However we were surprised at how good the milkshake was. The food was a little over priced for what you get. The waitress was friendly. We may try this restaurant again but be more careful what we order. Overall not terrible.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I ordered the spaghetti dinner to go, it was pretty good, great breadsticks, great side salad! I got a ton of food for a very reasonable price. I really appreciated the way they packaged everything up for me so nicely. I only have one complaint...I came in around 9pm to make an order to go, the girl working was very nice, but she was the only person waiting on people. Several people came in after me so she was VERY busy, I ended not receiving the drink that I ordered and paid for. I didn't complain, the poor girl was so busy, not a big deal. Would eat here again!

1  Thank Awaywego1999
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I decided to have lunch at Flashback's on Thursday, 8/8. I thought it might be busy as it was right in the middle of the lunch hour and the peak of tourist season. Boy was I wrong...and with good reason. First, including us, there were only 13 people in the restaurant. This restaurant is right on the main highway in the heart of town.
Second, it took a long time to get someone to take our order and then forever to get our food. When we finally received our lunch, it was terrible. My husband ordered a calzone and it was over-cooked. It was a very dark brown instead of the tan color it should be. My order was for popcorn chicken and fries. Both were left in the deep fryer too long. The popcorn chick was very hard, so hard that what I took home, even my big dog had a hard time eating it. The fries were cold and over cooked.
When we paid, there was no one at the counter to pay the bill to. When the waitress came out, she said that when they busy propping in the kitchen, they can't tell when someone is at the counter. She said that earlier in the week, someone walked out without paying their bill because they couldn't find any to take their money.
When my charge showed up on my bank statement, somehow they managed to get the amount wrong and put it in for 10 cents more than what was on the original receipt. I am not going to go back and complain for a measly 10 cents, but it just one more thing in the string of poor service.
My reason for calling this "Restaurant Impossible", is that it looks like a prime candidate for the TV show that rebuilds restaurants that are on their last legs.
We won't be going back there and will not recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank MamaHx3
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We needed a break from all the delicious seafood that we had been eating all week and decided to try this place hoping for a good burger. Wrong place to pick! The food was terrible. The service was terrible. And the menu was way over priced for the quality of the food served. Their only saving grace is the arcade that entertained the kids during the long wait for our food.

1  Thank 3travelers3