“I drove 2 hours each way to eat at Sharks. And I'd do it again.”

Sharks Seafood Bar & Steamer
Ranked #9 of 112 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: 7 days a week until school starts here. Casual & cozy mom & pop seafood restaurant est. 1995. Healthy, non-fried, perfectly cooked seafood. Prepared in unique steam kettles. Known especially for our tasty Cioppino and Seafood Entrees. "Finest Steamed Seafood on the West Coast" Fish & crab entrees, gumbo, curry. Fresh Oysters, crab, shrimp, clams, salads. Gluten free choices. Beer, wine & cocktails. Dinner only, hours vary by season, Chk our website or FB for current info. Enjoy our historic Newport Bayfront.
Keizer, Oregon
“I drove 2 hours each way to eat at Sharks. And I'd do it again.”
Reviewed February 29, 2008

I have been to Sharks several times and always loved it. Some friends of ours were generous to us (my wife and me) and we invited them to Sharks as a thank you. When we arrived on the stormy winter evening, the restaurant was having a rare, unbusy day. What followed is one of the best dinner experiences I have ever had. My friend ordered the special red snapper and it was delivered on a work of art -- a beautiful salad and cooked vegetables and the snapper was topped with a delicious "south of the border sauce" (he gave me a taste). My wife and I had the cioppino, because we love it, and my friend's wife ordered the curry. She has been to India and loves curry. She said that may be the best curry she's ever tasted. We had a wonderful Flying Fish Merlot (for such a tiny restaurant, they have a respectable wine list!). For an appetizer we had huge, delicious clams cooked in an herb and wine broth, and some amazing oyster shooters. All the while, we were entertained by the owners, who were happy to see us and treated us like VIPs. Our friends were impressed and delighted, and we felt like geniuses for knowing about this terrific restaurant. If you want to impress someone with your knowledge of the local cuisine, take them to Sharks! And if possible, get the seats at the bar where you can watch the cook make your delectable dishes in their interesting steam-powered cooking machines. I wish it was closer! We had to drive 2 hours each way, but it was worth it.

2 Thank jimevarts

Vancouver, Canada
“Wonderful food and service!”
Reviewed July 9, 2007

We were directed here by the receptionist at our motel as 'the' place for seafood in Newport. She called, to see if they were still open (we got to the motel just before 9:00 p.m.) and they said they would stay open until we got there! Servers were very friendly, and food was delicious! I highly recommend Shark's!

3 Thank NWTraveler512