“Good Service and Excellent Alfredo”
Review of Mo's Annex

Mo's Annex
Ranked #22 of 115 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Mo's Annex opened in 1968 as a companion restaurant to the Original Mo's. Mo's Annex specializes in Oregon coast seafood cuisine in a casual atmosphere. Features Mo's famous clam chowder and a variety of fresh local favorites like oysters, salmon and crab.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I (three adult children) all had the chowder and assorted entrees. We had come to not enjoy the chowder in the past, as it was more along the lines of potato soup with sand in it. We were shocked to discover many chunks of clam and good flavor this time, minus the sand. I also enjoyed among the very best alfredo sauces in my life. Service was good to great and the topper was the exceptional view of the bay. We will be back and looking forward to being at the Annex again.

The difference between the Annex and the main restaurant across the street is that the Annex does not serve fried foods like fish and chips. The Annex is much healthier, with the GREAT view.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I had clam chowder and I had a crab melt. Both sounded good but were actually marginal at best. Good view of the pier, and good service. The chowder had more potatoes than clams, the tuna melt was bland and virtually absent of any hint of crabmeat. Im sure there was some but not that you would notice. I feel bad for the servers, who are quite good (I tipped well) Service is usually the difference between a customer returning. Not in this case. Menu or cooks need to change.

Sorry servers Really.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Mos is amazing. I now live in Florida and still look forward to going back. They have the best clam chowder ive ever had! (and ive had alot)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I kept ordering clam chowder after all the claims of world famous clam chowder. Doesn't get my vote. Good view of the pier. Good service. I was expecting such great seafood. Disappointed again.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We saw the write ups about this restaurant and had to try it. We were not disappointed, just the opposite, over joyed by the terrific food and service. We ordered clam chowder and the salmon dinner, the best by far of any we have ever had. We also purchased an order of the clam chowder to go and a bottle of an Oregon Chardonnay wine. The prices, selections, food and service are great. We will come again whenever we are in the area. You can't go wrong with anything you order. A must to stop at.