“It's good but but no reservations”

Georgie's Beachside Grill
Ranked #4 of 128 Restaurants in Newport
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: You enter Georgie's Beachside Grill and the first thing you notice is the view. The Pacific Ocean unfolds from tableside windows and sets the scene for a remarkable dining experience. Then you notice a few other things. Waiters greet people with a warm smile. Bartenders create crafted cocktails without a side order of arrogance. And kids are actually... happy to be here. It's no wonder this restaurant is a favorite with both visitors and locals alike. The menu reads like it's for a place where the jackets required are more of the polar fleece kind. There's no Foie Gras to be found or small portions that leave you longing for more. It's just plenty of mouthwatering authentic Northwest favorites with an emphasis on seafood. From expertly prepared halibut, salmon, Yaquina Bay Oysters, Dungeness crab and more to inventive dishes like the locals' favorite, Diablo Seafood Pasta, every appetite will be satisfied. There's even a delectable kids menu, vegetarian and gluten-free fare as well. Reservations are not accepted but you are welcome to call ahead put your name on the wait list. Georgie's is open daily at 7:30am.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at the Hallmark so the view wasn't new for us. But it is a nice overlook, especially at sunset. Since there aren't any reservations, it's painful to get a table. Supposedly, hotel guests can call ahead but that didn't work too well for us.

We ended up sitting in the bar as that is first come / first seated. Both my husband and I ordered vodka on the rocks and instead got martinis with lots of vermouth. Not a great start.

I had the seafood extravaganza and my husband had the spicey seafood pasta. While both of our dishes were loaded with seafood, neither of us were completely satisfied. In my case, the veggie side looked awful. It was dried out and tasteless. In my husband's case, spicy should mean spicy. It wasn't.

The servers were overburdened as well. It was tough getting their attention as they were working hard but had too many tables.

2  Thank SalfromIL
Devin C, Manager at Georgie's Beachside Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

SalfromIL,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm very sorry if your recent visit was not what you expected. I would appreciate the opportunity to show you a more typical Georgie's experience! Please contact me directly at your convenience.

devin@hallmarkinns.com

Write a reviewReviews (3,362)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had an amazing time other than our bartender Kylie at the bar. She was extremely rude When we sat down and ordered from her which hindered our all over experience. As someone who works in the hospitality industry I would not have someone like Kylie representing my company. Other than that the view was great and the drinks were magnificent but the service was less than sub par.

1  Thank Dara M

Dara M,

Thank you for choosing Georgie's. I want to apologize that your recent visit was anything less than an enjoyable one. I would love to discuss this review with you personally, and given the opportunity I would like to make things right. Please contact me directly at your convenience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food is ok. Don’t eat there for breakfast. Lunch and dinner is good. Stay away from salad dressings. They must keep them past expiration in the back or poor cleaning method. Intestinal issues each time I’ve had their salad dressings. Their fish is good, their clam chowder is full of clams, very good.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank OneupTraveler
Devin C, Manager at Georgie's Beachside Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

OneupTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit. You've given me a couple items to touch on...

Breakfast: I'm sorry if we have missed the mark during a breakfast service. If you have any further comments, please contact me. I would love to gather even a little bit of commentary so I can follow up.

Lunch and Dinner: Great! Thank you for the recommendation, I'm happy to see you have previously enjoyed those meal periods!

Food safety: I think it's very important for other TripAdvisor readers to be aware that in 21 years of business Georgie's has never had a confirmed case of foodborne illness. We take our food handling processes very serious and consistently receive praise from local inspectors. I will say with confidence we are among the cleanest and safest kitchens in the area.

Again, I appreciate the feedback you provided. I will leave my information below if you should decide to contact me. I would like the opportunity to speak to you and make things right!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Dinner the first day here was great food and service. Beer battered halibut very good. Breakfast two days later was a total let down! Pancakes undone in center. Waiter never refilled my small coffee cup. Bacon swimming in grease.

1  Thank denniswJ5470JJ

denniswJ5470JJ,

Thank you for providing your feedback. While I'm thrilled you had a great dinner with us, I'm very disappointed you had a negative breakfast experience. I'll be sure to follow up on your review and would love the opportunity to make things right should you return to the Newport area. I'll leave my contact below. Safe travels!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went there because of location of our hotel. It was very good with great service. I would recommend this place anytime.

1  Thank victoria e

victoria e,

Thank you for visiting! It's great to see you enjoyed dining with us and we appreciate your recommendations. We hope to serve you again in the future.