“Holy mother of pearl, YUM!!!”

Georgie's Beachside Grill
Ranked #1 of 111 Restaurants in Newport
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: You enter Georgie's Beachside Grill and the first thing you notice is the view. The Pacific Ocean unfolds from tableside windows and sets the scene for a remarkable dining experience. Then you notice a few other things. Waiters greet people with a warm smile. Bartenders create crafted cocktails without a side order of arrogance. And kids are actually... happy to be here. It's no wonder this restaurant is a favorite with both visitors and locals alike. The menu reads like it's for a place where the jackets required are more of the polar fleece kind. There's no Foie Gras to be found or small portions that leave you longing for more. It's just plenty of mouthwatering authentic Northwest favorites with an emphasis on seafood. From expertly prepared halibut, salmon, Yaquina Bay Oysters, Dungeness crab and more to inventive dishes like the locals' favorite, Diablo Seafood Pasta, every appetite will be satisfied. There's even a delectable kids menu, vegetarian and gluten-free fare as well. Reservations are not accepted but you are welcome to call ahead put your name on the wait list. Georgie's is open daily at 7:30am.
Renton, Washington, United States
“Holy mother of pearl, YUM!!!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I can't say enough good things about this place. The food is INCREDIBLE, the view is stunning, and the service definitely exceeds expectations! All of these things (mostly the food) were so awesome, that we went to dinner here two nights in a row! If I'm ever in Newport again, I will definitely be coming back. :)

1 Thank Sarah M
RicRabourn, General Manager at Georgie's Beachside Grill, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Sarah M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your dinner experiences at Georgie’s. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your first visit enough to come back again the next night! We will be looking forward to your next visit to Newport.

Ric Rabourn

“Consistently good food and great service!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Georgie's has great food, exceptional service and beautiful ocean views. We bring our family here every time we stay in Newport and can always count on a good experience. Typically we come here for breakfast multiple times! They have a great kids menu and after they are finished with their meal, they get a ticket to get a prize from the treasure chest. My daughter is 15...no longer gets the prize, but it's nice to see they've kept up their tradition. Our family definitely recommends this restaurant!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Lisa C
Lisa C,

Thank you for your years of visits and for your recommendation to others. We appreciate your loyalty over the years. Thank you for taking the time to share you experiences and we hope to see you again soon.

Norwalk, California
“Ocean view, low prices, good service, good food.”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I was suprised that the prices were not expensive for this beatiful ocean view restaurant. The food was great; my wife ate salmon and I ate a prime rib melt. The service was good.

1 Thank JoeA336
RicRabourn, General Manager at Georgie's Beachside Grill, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
JoeA336,

Thank you for taking time to review your lunch at Georgie’s. I am happy to hear that you and your wife both enjoyed your meals and found the pricing to be reasonable. Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you again the next time you visit Newport.

Provo, Utah
“Great food and an amazing view”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We ate dinner here twice during our stay and enjoyed it very much. The food is very good, they have a nice selection to choose from, and the view from the window seats is gorgeous. We came in around 7:00 and waited about 30 minutes for a seat (we waited a little longer because we wanted a window seat). Watching the sun go down while we ate our meal was wonderful. The waitresses both nights were attentive and friendly, our glasses were always full and she even brought us extra bread when we ordered the chowder.

On the first night I had the diablo seafood pasta which is sweet (a little spicy) and wonderful, and unlike anything else I've tried before. My wife had a simple bowl of their chowder. It was thick and rich and she loved it. They give you fresh bread and a lot of it.

The second night we tried starting with the fondue. The presentation on this is beautiful, with a huge portion of crab on top. The crab was served cold, which did surprised me. The fondue was rich and tasty but because it was a cheddar base and flavored with onions it was very strong tasting. My wife went with a chicken Parmesan dish while I went with the crab cakes. Her chicken was wonderful but the three-cheese sauce on the pasta was so rich and thick it was more like a macaroni and cheese than a creamy pasta sauce which we would have preferred. The crab cakes were delicious, but there was surprise in the second one and I pulled out a large piece of parchment paper. The waitress took one look at it and told us that it was the paper used to divide the different types of crab meat when it is shelled and packaged and that our meal was on the house, no check. I was happy they didn't charge me for the crab cakes, but felt that the whole meal being provided free was amazing customer service, and there was no fuss about it at all. I would come back and eat here again in a heartbeat, but I think I'll skip the fondue and crab cakes and go for the Diablo Seafood Pasta it was so very good!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Justin D
Justin D,

Thank you for the extensive review and repeat visits to Georgie’s. I am happy to hear that overall your experiences were good and where we fell short, our recovery was good. I will be sure to talk with our chef about the issues mentioned. Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you back again soon.

PORTLAND,OR
“GO FOR THE FOOD, STAY FOR JOSE”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

When restaurants, particularly vacation located joints, rely on cheap food and no service, no wonder they become hulks in no time. When you find a place that has a modest menu and modest price points, then you add excellent service, there is no wonder it is doing quite well. Thank you.

Georgie's is an unassuming location on Stewart Street with nice views of the water. The menu is average but results are nice. The diablo lite was quite good. And, this was 1/2 price bottle nite and we had a great Argyle for $24 which is the retail price. Made the dinner.

Then there was Jose...he went out of his way to be accommodating, charming and attentive. He has mastered service and I bet his tips reflect it....our's certainly did. He can be proud of being a great ambassador for this restaurant.

1 Thank MAXFLITE
MAXFLITE,

Thank you for taking the time to review your dinner at Georgie’s. I am happy to hear that Jose created a great experience for you. I will be sure to share your kind words with him. Thank you again for the review and we hope you’ll be back to see us (and Jose) again soon.