“man sized meals”

Georgie's Beachside Grill
Ranked #1 of 117 Restaurants in Newport
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: You enter Georgie's Beachside Grill and the first thing you notice is the view. The Pacific Ocean unfolds from tableside windows and sets the scene for a remarkable dining experience. Then you notice a few other things. Waiters greet people with a warm smile. Bartenders create crafted cocktails without a side order of arrogance. And kids are actually... happy to be here. It's no wonder this restaurant is a favorite with both visitors and locals alike. The menu reads like it's for a place where the jackets required are more of the polar fleece kind. There's no Foie Gras to be found or small portions that leave you longing for more. It's just plenty of mouthwatering authentic Northwest favorites with an emphasis on seafood. From expertly prepared halibut, salmon, Yaquina Bay Oysters, Dungeness crab and more to inventive dishes like the locals' favorite, Diablo Seafood Pasta, every appetite will be satisfied. There's even a delectable kids menu, vegetarian and gluten-free fare as well. Reservations are not accepted but you are welcome to call ahead put your name on the wait list. Georgie's is open daily at 7:30am.
Reviewed May 21, 2014

What a fantastic restaurant, right on the ocean Beach amazing views and great food, if you are a lover of seafood try the sampler plate the only downside is it is deep fried but don't let that put you off. Great serving staff.

2  Thank Michael T
RicRabourn, General Manager at Georgie's Beachside Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Michael T,

Thank you for the great review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the Deep Fried Seafood Sampler. If you would like to try something similar but not deep-fried give the Sautéed Seafood Sampler a try the next time you are in. Thank you again for the review.

Ric Rabourn

Write a ReviewReviews (2,891)

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner, wait time was short & views were great but that's about all this restaurant has to offer.

My beverage came in a dirty glass, in fact all beverage glasses have white permanent rings around the inside from the way they stack them as our waitress pointed out. My glass just also had food particles caked on the inside that I scraped off using my knife when requesting a new glass.

I have a food allergy to a couple items that I stated to my waitress multiple times when requesting my side of steamed vegetables be plated seperately from my meal. It was not when it arrived, I sent it back & was disgusted when she brought my plate back seeing that they obviously just scraped the veggies onto another plate. She came back a few minutes later when she noticed I wasn't eating & it was then that someone else at the table firmly told her I have a food allergy. She rudely exclaimed that I should have told her & took my plate back. Our meal was half over by the time I got my dinner.

The prime rib was the worst we had ever tasted. It was chewy & completely bland. It was more like it was nuked rather than slow roasted.

My boyfriend had ordered the steamed seafood sampler dinner. He was delivered what looked to be an appetizer!

No soup or salads came with either of our dinner's so we had to pay extra for a cup of soup.

The lack of good service would have been one thing if the restaurant was busy, but for 7pm on a Saturday night it was not, that should have been our first clue. Needless to say we will not be back, what a joke this supposed high end restaurant is. Save your money & go elsewhere.

7  Thank quackerbabe78

Quackerbabe78,

I am very sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience with us. As you can see from our other reviews this is not typical and is totally unacceptable. I have already spoken with our restaurant manager and chef regarding your review and all of the items you mentioned have been addressed. Since you have referred to us as a joke and said you won’t be back I realize any further effort to get you to give us a second chance is probably futile but should you change your mind please feel free to contact me at any time.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I loved the view of the ocean from our table, and the food was delicious. I had crab cakes and they were very good. The waitress was friendly and took our picture for us.

2  Thank Rebecca682014

Rebecca682014,

It is great to hear that you enjoyed the view, the food and the service. I am glad that your server was able to help out with your photo. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Newport.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Great views and fantastic food we ate there seven times during our stay. You have to try the claims for appetizer and the blackened sea scallops with Marion berry cobbler for dessert.

2  Thank Donald H

Donald H,

Wow, seven visits during one stay, that has to be a record! It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed all your visits with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We ate here 3 times this weekend, twice for dinner and once for breakfast. The restaurant was very clean and well kept. It may sound odd, but one thing I couldn't get over was how clean the windows were. It made the ocean view that much better. Our server was Jose both times for dinner. He was very friendly, polite and attentive. I had the Parmesan & parsley encrusted halibut (both nights; it was that good) and my wife had the Cajun chicken and fire glazed shrimp and the blackberry barbecue salmon salad. Everything was delicious. It was the best halibut that I've ever had. The only nuance I found with dinner, was that it doesn't come with a dinner salad. Other than that, it was fantastic.

Our breakfast, however, was lackluster. I had a Belgian waffle that was a bit sour and over cooked with sour strawberries on it. Bad enough that I couldn't eat it. My wife had flat iron steak and eggs. Her only complaint was that her steak was closer to med rare than med well.

We will definitely stop back in for dinner next time we're in Newport.

2  Thank Alleygator77

Alleygator77,

Thank you for sharing your visits to Georgie’s here on Trip Advisor. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your dinners and that Jose took good care of you. I am disappointed you didn’t have the same great experience at breakfast. I have talked with our chef and he has talked with his team about making sure they are correctly preparing the waffle batter. The strawberries are fresh daily so I am not sure what the issue might have been with them. He has also talked with the team about steak temperatures. Thank you again for your review and we will be looking forward to your return.