“Yeah! It's that good!”

Georgie's Beachside Grill
Ranked #1 of 115 Restaurants in Newport
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: You enter Georgie's Beachside Grill and the first thing you notice is the view. The Pacific Ocean unfolds from tableside windows and sets the scene for a remarkable dining experience. Then you notice a few other things. Waiters greet people with a warm smile. Bartenders create crafted cocktails without a side order of arrogance. And kids are actually... happy to be here. It's no wonder this restaurant is a favorite with both visitors and locals alike. The menu reads like it's for a place where the jackets required are more of the polar fleece kind. There's no Foie Gras to be found or small portions that leave you longing for more. It's just plenty of mouthwatering authentic Northwest favorites with an emphasis on seafood. From expertly prepared halibut, salmon, Yaquina Bay Oysters, Dungeness crab and more to inventive dishes like the locals' favorite, Diablo Seafood Pasta, every appetite will be satisfied. There's even a delectable kids menu, vegetarian and gluten-free fare as well. Reservations are not accepted but you are welcome to call ahead put your name on the wait list. Georgie's is open daily at 7:30am.
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Georgie's lunch and dinner both were amazing! For lunch I had the Clam Chowder and Bay Shrimp Salad. Not everyone makes a chowder as creamy and rich. The clam pieces were so large it was like biting into a steak. For dinner I had the Blue Cheese Flank Steak in a Demi Glaze. I can't get the deep rich flavor off my mind. My husband had the Halibut Fish & Chips. The fish was moist and flakey in a delicate batter that was crisp and lite. The tarter sauce had a hint of sweetness that was a little surprising. Bring your Visa and your appetite and arrive early. It's clearly a local's choice too.

2  Thank Gwenn L
RicRabourn, General Manager at Georgie's Beachside Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Gwenn L,

Thank you for joining us for lunch and dinner. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your meals with us hope you will come back soon. Thank you again for being our guests and leaving such a detailed review.

Restaurant & Lounge Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,796)

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The view is the first thing you notice and it is amazing. The food was the best my husband and I have ever had at a restaurant. Service was quick but not too much. We plan on coming back whenever possible.

2  Thank jacklinb2014

Jacklin B,

We are flattered and humbled by your review. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor. We are honored to have you as our guest and look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We have been here a few times when we travel through the area over the years. We have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner here.
We find it consistently good in every way.
The food is delicious, the service is great.
Our server Karen was very efficient and also helpful giving us local information.
Emmanuel and Pete were so friendly and kept our table neat, tidy and our water glasses full. We had our own pot of coffee at our table. The razor clam breakfast was a hit with my husband. The two hostesses were so friendly when we arrived. The view of the ocean is magnificent from your table. We highly recommend it!

2  Thank Jeri D

Jeri D,

We really appreciate you mentioning several of our employees by name. I will pass your compliments on to them and I know they will be thrilled to receive your feedback. We thank you for being our guests and taking the time to write a review for us.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Once again my husband and I had the pleasure of eating at Georgie's when we attended the NW Poets' Concord in Newport. The place is jumping, but the wait isn't overly long and it's worth it. We were seated at a table with a spectacular view, the wait staff was friendly and attentive, but not overly so, and the food was great. I had the "vegetarian diablo," a pasta and fresh vegetables dish that was sweet and tangy with just the right amount of spicy heat. It was so good I complimented the chef and he emailed the recipe to us the next day. We may be in a rut, but I don't see any sense in eating anywhere in Newport other than Georgie's. By the way, they do not accept reservations, but if you give them your phone number they will call you when a table is becoming available. If you're staying in the hotel next door, that works very well.

2  Thank tonipoet

tonipoet,

Thank you so much for being our guests and leaving us such a detailed review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. Hope you enjoy making the Vegetarian Diablo Pasta at home and I am glad that we were able to provide you with the recipe. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We dined here on a beautiful evening just before sunset. We had about a 15 min wait to be seated. We both had good seafood and felt the prices are reasonable. The service was great and we would definitely return. We shared their signature white chocolate cheesecakes or dessert very good!

2  Thank cabels

cabels,

Thank you for the great review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed a gorgeous sunset, service and the food. Thank you for being our guests and we hope to see you again soon.